Latest post Fri, May 13 2022 9:34 PM by AndrewAction. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 6 2022 6:24 AM

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 721
    • Points 10,740

Cannot download the Avid dongle updater file from Avid website

Hi 

More a question for Avid support but they are all over the show with AI rubbish and lack of usability in trying to raise this in a coherent manner. Cheerful but hopeless bots are really not beneficial to a company's image. 

So hoping Marianne will see this and assist. 

I have a strange issue in trying to download the Avid dongle updater file from the Avid download page  - the key generates but the download does not happen when I click the 'Download" button. 

It seems simple - I have done this multiple times in the past - but maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks 

Neil 

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 6 2022 9:26 AM In reply to

Re: Cannot download the Avid dongle updater file from Avid website

adamsonn:

More a question for Avid support but they are all over the show with AI rubbish and lack of usability in trying to raise this in a coherent manner. Cheerful but hopeless bots are really not beneficial to a company's image. 

Best to email Chris Bove, He can help you. 

chris.bove@avid.com

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

• Fri, May 6 2022 9:41 AM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 721
    • Points 10,740

Thanks Philip -

I eventually managed to raise a ticket anbd get a response from a real person - the assistance then was quick, efficient and effective - so all sorted -

The support person sent me an updater file - not sure why the web page wasn't allowing downloads. 

Kind regards

Neil 

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 6 2022 10:02 AM In reply to

Great, Thanks for the update.

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

• Fri, May 6 2022 11:13 AM In reply to

I can confirm that downloading a dingle updater file is currently broken. I have in the past but currently it just doesn't work.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

• Fri, May 13 2022 9:21 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 912
    • Points 11,685

Pat Horridge:
    I can confirm that downloading a dingle updater file is currently broken.

Came to this thread late, but I can confirm that this was the case when I tried it recently. 

This problem is at least a year old since it happened to me early last year.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 13 2022 9:29 AM In reply to

It seems to still be the case today..

40 MC 2021.12 x Mostly PC Terrablock ISIS 1000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 13 2022 1:20 PM In reply to

• ck123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 17 2013
    • PA
    • Posts 204
    • Points 2,590

Dongle update download links have been broken for a very long time. On a related matter the link to convert Dongles to digital licenses in Avid Link is also broken and has been for a very long time. Release after release this ability in Avid Link hasn't worked so I don't know why it's even in there.

HP zBook 17 G3, z220, HP z240, HP z420, HP z440, HP z840, HP Z4 G4, Dell Precision 3430, Dell Precision 7810, Apple iMac i5 27-Inch (5K, Late 2015). 16GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 13 2022 9:34 PM In reply to

ck123:
    Dongle update download links have been broken for a very long time.
    FWIW in my experience not true.  Whilst testing MC 2022.4 just before it's release I found after installing 2022.4 it rejected my dongle as a valid licence despite it having almost a year left on it.

I tried all the ways I had used in the past to get update the dongle (not Avid Link as I do not use it)  The next day, 21 April, a "what about Avid Link thought popped into my mind.  This was so strange for me that I tried it.  After a lot of stumbling around in Avid Link I came across a Download dongle updater link. It worked!  

Where was it in Avid Link? Sorry, I was not thinking it would be successful and was just following as logical a path through Avid Link pages as I could when I saw the download Dongle updater link on a page and used it.

Why did the Dongle not work initially? Probably that it was about a year since I had last updated it and we are supposed to update it at least once during the current term.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller