Latest post Mon, Mar 28 2022 6:50 AM by fsm. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 24 2022 3:28 AM

• reckoner
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 26 2010
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 167
    • Points 2,395

Color correction error - CM_INVALID_SUBID

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a new error that is almost completely preventing my ability to edit. I'm on a qualified system with the latest version of MC (Win 10). I've reinstalled MC, deleted my user profile, rebuilt the database, and pretty much everything else I can think of.

The error persists in all of my projects, even old projects that didn't have any issues previously.

It occurs on AMA and transcoded footage.

Basically, it happens when I go to do any form of colour correction. The error is "Exception: CM_Invalid_SUBID, subIDParam" and then there's always a different random number afterwards.

Once the error occurs, the only way to edit again is to force close Media Composer.

This has pretty much made Media Composer unusable and my projects are piling up. Any help would be really appreciated.

• Thu, Mar 24 2022 7:20 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 920
    • Points 11,770

Re: Color correction error - CM_INVALID_SUBID

Is there anyway of taking a project to another machine? That would rule out the project being corrupted in some way when opened in MC.

Do you know if your machine was updated in any way with a Microsoft update? I always switch this off since I can't have this happening to a working machine. Have a look in Control Panel/Programs and Features - you should see an option to view installed updates. If one matches the date of the start of your problems, you can uninstall it from here.

Failing that, try installing an earlier version of MC. I heard that 12.3 was a pretty stable version for Win 10.

The only other thing I can think of ( to get you up-and-running quickly) is to purchase the Baselight Plugin for Avid and grade with that. It's far better than Avid's offerings. There's going to be a bit of a learning curve, but if you just want to use the basic LGG controls, it shouldn't take too long to master.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 24 2022 7:48 AM In reply to

I see the same error on my home system and on the systems at one of the places where I work. One of the engineers told me earlier this week that there is an update coming soon that fixes the problem, but I don't know how good his information is. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Mar 25 2022 2:43 AM In reply to

• reckoner
    • Not Ranked
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 167
    • Points 2,395

Thanks for the reply. 

Yeah I guess the next step is to try it on my home machine - but the error effects every single project so I'm thinking it's likely not an issue with any given project, rather Avid itself. 

And yes Windows updates is a good point - it forced an update on me a couple of weeks ago, that could be the problem. I usually have them turned off but this is a new machine.

I think switching back to an earlier version sounds like a good fix in the mean time - thanks for your input. 

• Fri, Mar 25 2022 2:43 AM In reply to

• reckoner
    • Not Ranked
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 167
    • Points 2,395

Thanks, yes that's helpful to know Avid are working on it! Thanks. 

• Fri, Mar 25 2022 6:36 PM In reply to

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,545

Do you have an i/o card? I have an AJA Kona-1 and had too many CC hangs and freezes on 2021.12 (Win 10) when I turned on the Kona output, so I rolled back to 2021.9 until it's fixed. I was given a bug report number when I brought it up to tech support: MCCET-4476  -- Maybe your system setup is similar?

Self-built -- Always current MC version with AJA KONA 1 card OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard, Core i7-6850K, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 26 2022 5:13 PM In reply to

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 24 2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,195

exactly the same error here, cc mode was unusable.

latest mc on win 11 pro, decklink 4k output.

i installed the latest QuickTime and the error was gone.

hope that helps

MC 2021.12 & SYM / BM Monitor4K / Windows 11 (i know ...) 64 bit / i7 12700k / RTX3070 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 27 2022 7:40 PM In reply to

• Mercer
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 15 2010
    • UK
    • Posts 773
    • Points 9,935

fsm:

exactly the same error here, cc mode was unusable.

latest mc on win 11 pro, decklink 4k output.

i installed the latest QuickTime and the error was gone.

hope that helps

What do you mean the 'latest' Quicktime? 7.7.9 has been the latest for some years on Windows.

This is obviously a bug, and we are experiencing it too. In CC mode do not delete a CC effect, replace from a bin, if possible. If it does occur, immediately exit Avid - file>save>exit program. It will still produce the error but will save your project. You will more than likely have to kill Avid from Task Manager. Hopefully sorted soon.

MC with Symphony option, 2021.6, HP ZBook 17 G5, i7-8850H 6 core/64GB ram/512 M2 ssd/Nvidia Quadro P5200/16GB/FHD, HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 28 2022 6:50 AM In reply to

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 24 2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,195

right. 7.7.9

MC 2021.12 & SYM / BM Monitor4K / Windows 11 (i know ...) 64 bit / i7 12700k / RTX3070 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller