Latest post Thu, Jan 20 2022 1:28 PM by NeilStewart. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 17 2022 5:04 PM

• NeilStewart
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Warrington, UK
    • Posts 64
    • Points 800

Ctrl-M Zoom in to region works when using shortcut, but not when mapped to keyboard

Hi folks

Firstly, I'm not on my home machine... hence why I'm posting in a PC forum.

Working on a work PC running 2021.6.

My go-to way of zooming in on a region in my timeline was to map Ctrl-M to a button on my Composer (and Ctrl-J on another, to zoom back).

This has worked perfectly until very recently. Click the button mapped with Zoom In To Region from the Timeline Fast Menu and what SHOULD happen is you get a lasso... drag it over the portion of your timeline you want to zoom into, and release the mouse - hey presto.

But now, it doesn't.

Although if you manually contort your hands to press ctrl-m, you get the lasso and it works. Use the shortcut under the fast menu (listed as ctrl-m), and it doesn't.

Infuriating.  

iMac Retina 5K 2019, 32GB RAM, 3.6GHz 8-core i9, Radeon Pro 580X 8GB Promise Pegasus 2 R6 RAID 5 15TB Blackmagic Ultrastudio HD Mini SDI to Sony Monitor... [view my complete system specs]

Old editors never die, they merely fade to black.

• Mon, Jan 17 2022 5:50 PM In reply to

Re: Ctrl-M Zoom in to region works when using shortcut, but not when mapped to keyboard

Hi Neil,

Forgive me for regurgitating something so basic, but have you re-set your Avid user settings? 

If your certain this is a bug, it would be best to report this to support: 

https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-support

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

• Thu, Jan 20 2022 1:28 PM In reply to

• NeilStewart
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Warrington, UK
    • Posts 64
    • Points 800

Re: Ctrl-M Zoom in to region works when using shortcut, but not when mapped to keyboard

Hi Philip,

Yes - new settings... BUT... tried it with a new blank setting, and it works as expected.

Now working through which one of my standard settings causes the issue... but thanks for the suggestion., 

iMac Retina 5K 2019, 32GB RAM, 3.6GHz 8-core i9, Radeon Pro 580X 8GB Promise Pegasus 2 R6 RAID 5 15TB Blackmagic Ultrastudio HD Mini SDI to Sony Monitor... [view my complete system specs]

Old editors never die, they merely fade to black.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller