Latest post Mon, Jan 17 2022 5:49 PM by AsafBlasberg. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 15 2022 12:47 AM

Insert Edit Taking Same Amount of Time

Hi,

I have a master in DNXHD 1080p format. When I do a short insert edit, the render time takes exactly the same time. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Asaf

• Sat, Jan 15 2022 10:15 PM In reply to

Re: Insert Edit Taking Same Amount of Time

AsafBlasberg:

Hi,

I have a master in DNXHD 1080p format. When I do a short insert edit, the render time takes exactly the same time. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Asaf

Which flavor of DNxHD is your OP1a master? (the export your trying to insert an edit to)

When you try to export an insert edit, do you mark an in and out on just the clip (rather than the whole seqoence) you'd like to insert into the OP1a master and hit "insert edit export"?

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

• Sat, Jan 15 2022 10:30 PM In reply to

Hi

It's DNxHD HQ. And yes I mark in/out on just the clip.

Thanks!

Asaf

• Sat, Jan 15 2022 10:39 PM In reply to

AsafBlasberg:

Hi

It's DNxHD HQ. And yes I mark in/out on just the clip.

Thanks!

Asaf

Have you rendered all of your video effects on your sequence? It might be for example that the insert edit is trying to render a specific effect which might be taking a while.. not sure though. 

Exactly how long is the master OP1a export? and how long is the shot you're trying to insert? What's the render times for both?

Editing Movie Magic.

• Sun, Jan 16 2022 9:02 PM In reply to

Hello Philip!

The video file is around 25 seconds in length. To render out the entire timeline with no effects takes about 5 seconds. Then, I just literally swap out literally a different portion from the same clip and put it in the timeline and use the IN/OUT marks, select "Use Selected Tracks," where V1 is the only one highlighted and then choose Insert Edit. That takes 5 seconds as well.

DNXHD HQ, 1080i/29.97

Thanks!

Asaf

• Sun, Jan 16 2022 10:21 PM In reply to

AsafBlasberg:

The video file is around 25 seconds in length. To render out the entire timeline with no effects takes about 5 seconds. 

Hello, 

Forgive me for pointing something out but if it's only 5 seconds, why the hassle? Insert edit might only make a noticable difference on longer sequences. Try again but with a 1 hour long sequence :)

Editing Movie Magic.

• Sun, Jan 16 2022 10:25 PM In reply to

Hi Philip,

i actually did try it on a 30 minute timeline and it took exactly the same. I'm not sure if this is a new bug with 2012.12.

Let me know if you need the raw data to investigate it.

Thanks!

-Asaf

• Sun, Jan 16 2022 10:31 PM In reply to

I'm sorry I meant 2021.12

• Sun, Jan 16 2022 10:39 PM In reply to

AsafBlasberg:

I'm sorry I meant 2021.12

I mean, you seem to be doing everything right... before I do some tests on my end (I'm still on 2021.3) could I ask for your system specs? Exact OS, GPU Driver etc. 

Editing Movie Magic.

• Sun, Jan 16 2022 11:17 PM In reply to

Sure!

Windows 11

RTX 3060 Ti

Intel i7-11770

64GB DDR4 Memory

16TB RAID0 Media Drive

512GB SSD Boot Drive

NVIDIA Graphics Driver 472.12

• Sun, Jan 16 2022 11:20 PM In reply to

16TB Raid0 drive, not 16GB ***

• Mon, Jan 17 2022 5:46 PM In reply to

Insert edit worked for me, although I have to say it's not a feature I use often as most of my clients prefer to watch H.264 previews rather than big DNx files. 

My guess is it could be a bug, seeing as it's the first version available on windows 11 I'd say that's likely... although if anyone else on the forum has spotted something that i've missed please feel free to chime in. 

It would be great if you could report this to Avid support by creating a support case:

https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-support

Editing Movie Magic.

• Mon, Jan 17 2022 5:49 PM In reply to

Thank you Philip.

Can you send me your project file and Avid Mediafiles folder so I can test on my end to see if I can reproduce the issue? I'll setup a support case nonetheless.

Sincerely,

Asaf

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller