Latest post Fri, Dec 3 2021 2:04 PM by adampaez. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 2 2021 8:46 PM

• adampaez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 11 2010
    • Posts 70
    • Points 890

Linked footage in wrong framerate in timeline

I'm on Avid 2019.12.2

So a student linked some 1080p25 footage into a 24p SD 720x576 project. 

What I then did was make a new project and copy the bins from the earlier SD project and put them in a new 1080p25 project. But the clips still look a bit hazy because it still interprets the footage as 24p. 

I thought that maybe match framing on the individual takes in the 2 minute edit that they did and replacing with the "new" clips would solve the problem but apparently not. 

Does anyone have a fix for this? Maybe I can transcode the footage or something? But then I won't be able to match frame I guess? 

Thanks in advance

• Thu, Dec 2 2021 9:02 PM In reply to

Re: Linked footage in wrong framerate in timeline

Linked clips retain their native frame rate. 

Are you sure the clips weren't imported as that could bake in the framerate.

What happens if the source clips are linked onto a new project on a different system? 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

• Thu, Dec 2 2021 11:54 PM In reply to

• adampaez
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 70
    • Points 890

They were not imported. Merely linked. 

if I create a new project and link them again then they don't have that problem.

but I read that maybe I can create a new sequence in my project and simply overwrite the old one into that but still have to try that tomorrow. It is obvious that the clips look different in the timeline than they would had they been linked in a 25p project. It even says 24p on the clips themselves. As if something did change in how Avid sees the linked clips because they originally were linked in a 24p project.

• Fri, Dec 3 2021 7:03 AM In reply to

When you opened the seq from the 24p project on the 25p project did MC prompt to make a copy of it? (as it should have done). Did you try right clicking that copy seq and refreshing it choosing all?

It sounds like the motion adapters that will have been added to each clip when added to the 24p seq (to convert the 25 to 24) still remain.

If so you may just be able to delete those motion adapters on each clip in the seq. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

• Fri, Dec 3 2021 2:04 PM In reply to

• adampaez
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 70
    • Points 890

In the new 25p project it did ask me to create a new copy of the 24 sequence to match the project settings but it still looked a bit choppy. I did then put everything in a whole new sequence and remove the motion adaptors (I think) because they didn't seem to be removed but the clip "blinked" like they usually do when an effect is removed so maybe that made a difference as well. Anyway somewhere during this process the clips look correct now. Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller