Latest post Wed, Oct 20 2021 8:33 AM by Philip Kapadia. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 15 2021 3:44 PM

• zahi dror
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 15 2021
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

mc 2021.9 version will not open

hi
    im trying the new avid versions and avid is opening and loading everything fine but it gets stuck just a second before the windows where you can choose your projects is loaded. that window not showing up at all. 

when it stops responding nothing happens. and when I click the mouse on the screen it gets grey and I get the message in the top corner: avid stop responding then I need to exit the program with the task manager. no need to restart my computer.

I tried to uninstall and install older versions but the same issue occurred. only versions 2018... work ok and avid open like allways. i tried to delete the ama folder, and remove all avx2 plugins but it did not help.  

i'm using Windows 10 Pro Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v2 @ 2.00GHz   2.00 GHz  (2 processors) 64 gb ram any suggestions?

tnx

• Fri, Oct 15 2021 5:15 PM In reply to

Re: mc 2021.9 version will not open

At the bottom of the loading screen where messages are displayed during startup, what does it say when it stops loading?

Media Composer 2021.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Oct 15 2021 5:24 PM In reply to

• zahi dror
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

its blank-  mc succeeded to load everything and just before the project window should appear it got stuck so there is no message on the stuck screen...

• Sun, Oct 17 2021 8:57 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,920
    • Points 70,110

Hi and welcome to the forums, is this a clean install, or You're installing on top of an older release? Which video card and driver?

Symphony 21.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Tue, Oct 19 2021 5:11 AM In reply to

• zahi dror
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

hii   

I uninstalled the older avid version via the control panel and then installed the new avid version.

I have radeon tx 6800 with its latest driver and its work is perfectly ok with avid older version. i have a friend with the same card and driver on windows and avid new versions works ok for him so i guess it's not that....

• Wed, Oct 20 2021 6:44 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,920
    • Points 70,110

Hi, You may want to check if there's an Avid approved driver for Your video card.

Symphony 21.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Oct 20 2021 8:33 AM In reply to

zahi dror:

hi
    im trying the new avid versions and avid is opening and loading everything fine but it gets stuck just a second before the windows where you can choose your projects is loaded. that window not showing up at all. 

when it stops responding nothing happens. and when I click the mouse on the screen it gets grey and I get the message in the top corner: avid stop responding then I need to exit the program with the task manager. no need to restart my computer.

I tried to uninstall and install older versions but the same issue occurred. only versions 2018... work ok and avid open like allways. i tried to delete the ama folder, and remove all avx2 plugins but it did not help.  

i'm using Windows 10 Pro Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v2 @ 2.00GHz   2.00 GHz  (2 processors) 64 gb ram any suggestions?

tnx

You might want to try deleting your media database files. I had an issue in the past where my media database was corrupted. Avid couldn't read it the database so the system would crash on start up. You could also try re-installing your graphics card driver.  

https://philipkapadia.com/my-equipment [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller