Latest post Wed, Nov 3 2021 3:50 PM by mpaniagua. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 13 2021 11:20 AM

Is Title + fixed yet?

Hi all,

I'm running 2020.9, with the hideously broken and fairly unrealiable Title + tool.

Is it properly fixed yet in the latest version?

Thanks.

Mac Catalina 10.15.6 MacBook Pro 2019 2.6Ghz 32GB memory Media Composer 2021.9 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 13 2021 1:16 PM In reply to

Re: Is Title + fixed yet?

jameslondon74:

Hi all,

I'm running 2020.9, with the hideously broken and fairly unrealiable Title + tool.

Is it properly fixed yet in the latest version?

Thanks.

It works fairly well for me in 2021.3 - A lot more intuitive and doesn't crash as much. What sort of codecs do you work in?

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

• Wed, Oct 13 2021 1:36 PM In reply to

DNX36HD.

Mac Catalina 10.15.6 MacBook Pro 2019 2.6Ghz 32GB memory Media Composer 2021.9 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 13 2021 1:39 PM In reply to

jameslondon74:

DNX36HD.

Oh, right. Yeah, I know it's not the best tool. 

Editing Movie Magic.

• Wed, Oct 13 2021 3:30 PM In reply to

There's a difference between 'not the best tool' and a tool that doesn't even work. E.g. I re-arranged the titles, pressed play and the titles instantly reverted back to their original position.

I'm hoping Title+ in the latest version of Avid actually works.

• Wed, Oct 13 2021 3:40 PM In reply to

There are incremental improvements in many of the point releases but there are still issues and depending on what you need from a title tool some still find the issues serious enough to make it unviable. Sadly it also leaves a long line of releases with a range of issues so working across systems is a nightmare.

For many the answer would be no its not fixed and its easier to use other solutions.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

• Wed, Oct 13 2021 3:41 PM In reply to

jameslondon74:

There's a difference between 'not the best tool' and a tool that doesn't even work. E.g. I re-arranged the titles, pressed play and the titles instantly reverted back to their original position.

Well it works for me... I do all my Titling with Titler +

Just because it doesn't work for you, that doesn't mean that it doesn't work in general for everyone else. 

What MC version are you on James?

Editing Movie Magic.

• Wed, Oct 13 2021 5:58 PM In reply to

The problem for many users is if you find a show stopper limitation you have to then use an alternative solution. Once yoiu have that alternative you are less likley to go back to the Avid Titler +

One issue I had was a limit on the length of a rolling title. The parameter you enter to control the position of the roll vertically maxed out with only 2/3 of my roller displayed. I've also not been able to align objects on screen as much as I need.

And various other show stoppers.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

• Wed, Oct 13 2021 6:13 PM In reply to

Philip Kapadia:

jameslondon74:

Well it works for me... I do all my Titling with Titler +

Just because it doesn't work for you, that doesn't mean that it doesn't work in general for everyone else. 

What MC version are you on James?

I'm hoping to move over to 2021.6 asap.

• Wed, Oct 13 2021 6:25 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,581
    • Points 255,755
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

James et al.....  

I did post this earlier to FaceBook as there was a LONG string of conciousness regarding the titler +

"  I normally wouldn’t post something along these lines but in this case I am going to break my own rules.  Everyone and I mean everyone at Avid knows that Titler+ has been a huge issue for our customers. We’ve been working to rectify the issues as quickly as possible but there is a lot to do. We have changed out some of the team members and brought in new team members to take a fresh look at the implementation and design.  

Elad Dadon, bless him, took it on as Product Designer under David Colantuoni with Edith Gosselin Picard manning the team of engineers like Bruno, who many of you know and a few other really talented coders.

The rub here is it’s a new team this year and they know they have a lot of catching up to do but the new team is focused, dedicated and more moola was relocated to the features development.

We also are using the beta program to make sure everything that we implement will be done with the editor being represented in the process. The next 2 releases will be fix based with bugs getting squashed before you see added features to the tool. I know it stinks but we lost a good chunk of time and now that we have the right players with a common focus… let’s give them a chance to make it right.

with Chris Bové and Raff Condalor.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 13 2021 6:52 PM In reply to

Marianna:

James et al.....  

I did post this earlier to FaceBook as there was a LONG string of conciousness regarding the titler +

"  I normally wouldn’t post something along these lines but in this case I am going to break my own rules.  Everyone and I mean everyone at Avid knows that Titler+ has been a huge issue for our customers. We’ve been working to rectify the issues as quickly as possible but there is a lot to do. We have changed out some of the team members and brought in new team members to take a fresh look at the implementation and design.  

Elad Dadon, bless him, took it on as Product Designer under David Colantuoni with Edith Gosselin Picard manning the team of engineers like Bruno, who many of you know and a few other really talented coders.

The rub here is it’s a new team this year and they know they have a lot of catching up to do but the new team is focused, dedicated and more moola was relocated to the features development.

We also are using the beta program to make sure everything that we implement will be done with the editor being represented in the process. The next 2 releases will be fix based with bugs getting squashed before you see added features to the tool. I know it stinks but we lost a good chunk of time and now that we have the right players with a common focus… let’s give them a chance to make it right.

with Chris Bové and Raff Condalor.

Marianna

Thanks for that insightful response, Marianna.

Editing Movie Magic.

• Wed, Oct 13 2021 7:28 PM In reply to

Thanks Marianna, as always.

Really good to know this is on Avid's radar.

I'm going to try the latest version and keep my fingers crossed it works.

• Fri, Oct 15 2021 7:53 AM In reply to

Here's a video recording of the Title + tool screwing me over.

You'll see as I scroll, the title jumps in position. (error)

Yet when I'm in edit mode, I've correctly set the title in place and it doesn't move.

Anyone have any clue as to why this happens? No keyframes exist in the title. I can only conclude it's a bug.

• Sat, Oct 16 2021 2:53 PM In reply to

I just upgraded to 2021.9 and I can confirm this bug still occurs.

However, the workaround seems to be adding a keyframe at the start and end of the title effect, thereby 'locking' the title in place.

I would also like to add, that Title+ seems to be a bigger drain on processing resources, as playback is far from smooth in realtime and often needs rendering.

• Wed, Nov 3 2021 3:50 PM In reply to

• mpaniagua
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 17 2021
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Can you give us an update?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller