Latest post Wed, Sep 15 2021 8:43 PM by Philip Kapadia. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 14 2021 9:39 PM

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Dallas TX
    • Posts 2,213
    • Points 23,820

Cannot export or mixdown

I am going nuts here.. I have P2 files mixed with a couple of jpgs  nothing fancy transcoded to pro rez444 nothing I do will let me export any thing it statrt to then about 7-12 seconds in it totaly locks up my mac and I have to pull the plug 

any ideas? 

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Tue, Sep 14 2021 10:24 PM In reply to

Re: Cannot export or mixdown

Is your Avid MediaFiles drive a Mac SSD? I had a similar situation recently on PC, v2021.6 Back to normal after pulling the Mac-drive-attached USB SSD. 

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 15 2021 6:41 AM In reply to

I've had similar issues with an Exfat media drive. 

I always recommend ensuring your media drive is in the OS format. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Wed, Sep 15 2021 2:17 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 2,213
    • Points 23,820

No it'2 on my ststem raid 

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

WWLD

• Wed, Sep 15 2021 3:22 PM In reply to

Will it mixdown to your local C: drive? Can you eliminate the storage as the issue?

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.11 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 15 2021 8:18 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 2,213
    • Points 23,820

Already been there it will start to render/export for about 3 seconds then my mac tottaly locks up have to pull the plug locked up 

Tom Pearson

WWLD

• Wed, Sep 15 2021 8:33 PM In reply to

I assume you've tried exporting in sections to see if there is a corrupt clip anywhere in the sequence? Have you tried clearing renders, dividing the sequence in to chunks, just exporting the audio, just exporting the video etc. etc.? Have you tried running repair sequences in the console? Cutting your sequence in to a fresh new one? Using fresh user settings, deleting the MC state files. Will it transcode to another resolution like DNxHR? Can you export the source clips when they are not in a sequence? It definitely sounds like something is corrupt in your sequence. You'll need to hunt it down.

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.11 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 15 2021 8:43 PM In reply to

ripvanmarlowe:

I assume you've tried exporting in sections to see if there is a corrupt clip anywhere in the sequence? Have you tried clearing renders, dividing the sequence in to chunks, just exporting the audio, just exporting the video etc. etc.? Have you tried running repair sequences in the console? Cutting your sequence in to a fresh new one? Using fresh user settings, deleting the MC state files. Will it transcode to another resolution like DNxHR? Can you export the source clips when they are not in a sequence? It definitely sounds like something is corrupt in your sequence. You'll need to hunt it down.

Andi

Excellent advice from Andi

https://philipkapadia.com/my-equipment [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller