Latest post Thu, Sep 16 2021 5:46 AM by Telegram!. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 14 2021 1:15 PM

• Dalida
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 30
    • Points 325
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Multicam Crashes Avid

Hi all,

I have a multicam group with 9 angles. If I tried to edit it using the "Edit a Group" feature in the Multicamera Mode, the Avid crashes everytime I use lift or extract. I can edit it with trim, add edit or deleting segments using segment mode.The problem is only with X and Z.

If I extract or lift from in-out the group in edit mode, everything is fine. But if I activate the Nine Split or Multicam Mode, the Avid crashes evreytime I extract a portion of th group.

Any ideas, thank you.

P.D. Tried in different versions of Avid, with different resolutons, stand alone systems and sharing storage systems too.

• Tue, Sep 14 2021 2:18 PM In reply to

Re: Multicam Crashes Avid

Dalida:

Hi all,

I have a multicam group with 9 angles. If I tried to edit it using the "Edit a Group" feature in the Multicamera Mode, the Avid crashes everytime I use lift or extract. I can edit it with trim, add edit or deleting segments using segment mode.The problem is only with X and Z.

If I extract or lift from in-out the group in edit mode, everything is fine. But if I activate the Nine Split or Multicam Mode, the Avid crashes evreytime I extract a portion of th group.

Any ideas, thank you.

P.D. Tried in different versions of Avid, with different resolutons, stand alone systems and sharing storage systems too.

I was going to suggest re-setting the Avid user settings, but you mention that you've tried different systems which I guess would have different user settings. 

Does this issue happen only with this specific project? 

https://philipkapadia.com/my-equipment [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 14 2021 7:38 PM In reply to

• Dalida
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 30
    • Points 325

Yes, it happens with different projects, different users, different Macs and different kind of storage.

Thank you

;)

• Tue, Sep 14 2021 9:01 PM In reply to

Dalida:
    Any ideas, thank you.

Troubleshooting idea: Can you create a similar Multi-Group using the original, pre-2018 way-- i.e., not direct from Composer/Timeline?  If so, can you run your Edit Group on that... and will it then work on a timeline perfectly or have same result you've described?

Also, I seem to recall some **asterisks about the new Group from Timeline tool... could've been about AVC footage (?) or limits of Edit Group tool. Check docs?

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 14 2021 10:18 PM In reply to

• Dalida
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 30
    • Points 325

In fact, when I tried to modify the group, it is directly from the bin using the Function of Edit group which, of course send it to the timeline and then as all the tracks are independent you can edit them using trim, segment mode, even if you activate the Nine Split. But extract or lift don`t work

It is not AVC footage, I have tried DNxHDLB, XDCam 35 and 50.

I have checked some Read Me docs but nothing. I think as you, maybe it is a limit of the Edit Group Function.

Thank you for your answer.;)

• Tue, Sep 14 2021 10:31 PM In reply to

1. Go
      Dalida:
      Thank you for your answer.;)

You are welcome-- the Edit Group revision needs to NOT become a shorter* duration.

Maybe try removing one track at a time-- it is so easy now to bang out alternate Multi-Groups-- you may find one clip is the culprit...?

* and just in case...from "New in v2018,12":

Edits are not actually made to the group clip until you specifically choose to update the group. 

Current Limitation: You cannot make the group clip shorter when editing the group clip.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 15 2021 4:45 PM In reply to

• Dalida
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 30
    • Points 325

¡Hi again!

Edits are not actually made to the group clip until you specifically choose to update the group.

Agree or you can save a new one.

Current Limitation: You cannot make the group clip shorter when editing the group clip.

Disagree: Yo can shorten the duracion trimming or with segment mode. Of course, now I can understand why you can not edit it with exract or lift.

Thank you very much, your answer is very useful as I can se it is an actual Avid limitation.

Have a great day

:)

• Thu, Sep 16 2021 5:46 AM In reply to

Dalida:

Thank you very much, your answer is very useful as I can se it is an actual Avid limitation.

Have a great day

:)

I did!

Glad if that helped. A few years ago I discovered the singer who shares your name ...what a talent.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller