Latest post Wed, Jul 28 2021 8:52 PM by daapap. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 28 2021 10:53 AM

Trying to run fullscreen on half of Ultrawide display to no avail

I've recently purchased an Ultrawide monitor with a 21:9 aspect ratio running at a 2560 * 1080 resolution.

It works well with Avid (I'm running 21.2 on a Win 10 machine).

When I press Full screen it does just that - goes full screen. Is there a way to trick Avid into thinking my one monitor is actually two monitors so that the fullscreen playback will only play on the right/ left half of my screen?

I've tried LG OnScreen and DisplayFusion but Avid overrides both of them and just goes fullscreen.

Is there a way? 

Device name GidonPC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable) System type 64-bit operating... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 28 2021 5:25 PM In reply to

Re: Trying to run fullscreen on half of Ultrawide display to no avail

gidon_tokatly:
    Is there a way? 

I bet you can do it, using NDI Tools, NDI Studio Monitor along with MC's NDI output. If you don't already have that free NewTek software, you will face a learning curve, but it does work to "float" a nice looking output. Check it out.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 28 2021 8:52 PM In reply to

• daapap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Germany
    • Posts 535
    • Points 7,075

Re: Trying to run fullscreen on half of Ultrawide display to no avail

I would try this:
    You could use 2 of the monitor's inputs like 2xHDMI or display port+HDMI or whatever and tell Windows its running 2 monitors, one 1920x1080 and one 640x1080 resolution (if possible). THen you could run MC fullscreen on one of these virtual monitors.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller