Latest post Tue, Aug 10 2021 3:35 PM by Rory T. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 30 2021 1:19 PM

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 67
    • Points 780

Avid Linking to Op-Atom Issue

Hello,

This was in 2018.13 but I have seen it in multiple versions.  When I mistakenly link to op-atom media all the clips display the link symbol but the media remains offline.

If I delete these links and drop the Op atom mxf files into the correct Avid MediaFiles folder structure to scan they do scan and databases are built but the clips still display the link symbols and the media still appears offline (even after brining in the new .mdb file into the avid)

I thought deleting the AMA management folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\AMA Management" would delete all history of AMA linked media but this does not.  The clips continue to have the linked symbol and are offline even when new databases are built. The only workaround I have found is to take the media to a different computer and for that to build new databases.  Is there something that can be deleted to make the computer forget about linking to this media?  Thank you for any advice. Rory
  • Fri, Jul 2 2021 12:29 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,801
    • Points 48,785
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Avid Linking to Op-Atom Issue

When you start Media Composer it will scan all Avid MediaFiles directories. This includes any numbered directories in Avid Mediafiles. Create a new directory called Avid MediaFiles->MXF->2. Drop your files into that directory. When scanned, MC will create a new database in that directory. See if that fixes the issue.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC (generally the latest or the one just before) [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, Aug 10 2021 3:35 PM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 67
    • Points 780

Re: Avid Linking to Op-Atom Issue

For some reason Avid has stopped emailing me when people reply to my posts.  Sorry for that, I did not try renaming the folder to 2 but I did delete the database and have avid build new ones in the 1 folder which did not help. 

I will try you solution next time.  Thank you for your reply.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller