Latest post Tue, Jun 15 2021 10:29 AM by RalphC. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 10 2021 1:05 PM

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 956
    • Points 11,240

2021.5 issues

After trying out various MC versions, I finally made the switch from MC 2018 > 2021.5.  

I love a lot of the new features! 

I noticed some issues / bugs / behaviours. 

I’m working on a Mac Mojave 10.14.6 and created new user settings:

- I can’t use “Mute” on a keyboard with sequences in the source monitor, anymore. It only works on the record side

- when using the time shift audio plug-in to speed up the audio, the rendered file repeats the last bit - I have to manually cut it or use Auto Gain to mute the last bit

- When using the Audio Mixer and use “Adjust Pan / Volume” - I can’t hit Enter with the keyboard, anymore. I need to use the mouse, now.

- I was using “Trim left/right 1/10 Frames” to adjust the values in the effect editor 1 / 10 - this doesn’t work as expected anymore, some still work, some not.

- I’m only using a float panel for the composer window, so I can use “Hide Composer Window” with my keyboard - but then all windows overlay each other, when I open the effect editor and it’s under the composer window, I can’t click on it to send it to the front, instead I have to resize the composer window, to see the whole effect editor

- Sometime the windows will move randomly, e.g. I’m using “Find Bin” and suddenly all my windows appear on the 2nd screen an I need to activate the workspace again - this happens randomly btw, this forum tool seems to ignore my paragraphs

- I guess it's a new behaviour, Dupe Detection now has the same color for every bits from the same source metadata. But if you have multiple masterclips with the same tape name (e.g. the short Alexa reel name), they all have the same dupe detection color and that makes it very hard to distinguish them

- What is the reason, why you can't manually modify the width of a column in Text View, anymore? 

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2021.5, OSX 10.14.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), 3,6 GHz Intel Core i9, 64GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

• Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:07 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,611
    • Points 28,905
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: 2021.5 issues

Hi Marty,

Please send me an email include the MC systems ID, I will open a case for you.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 15 2021 10:29 AM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,611
    • Points 28,905
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: 2021.5 issues

Marty,

Here is the support case number 04189551.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller