Latest post Fri, Jul 2 2021 12:51 PM by DStone. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 6 2021 10:21 PM

• Mike Milo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Coral Springs, Florida, USA
    • Posts 97
    • Points 1,345

Blackmagic Video Assist issue

With 2 different Blackmagic Video Assist recorders I get the same issue. I link an SD card and consolidate it to DNxHD 145 @ 1080i. In this case it is a 50 minute continuous clip. I put it in a sequence and play it. With Vid Asst #1 the timeline freezes at 9:59:10 and will not play until I step to TC 10:00:15 at which time the seq plays to the end. It will freeze at the same point every time I try.

With Vid Asst #2 the same thing happens, the seq freezes at TC 9:59:24 and will play once I step to 10:00:29 then plays to the end.

The console reports the same issue in both cases:

"PlayLoopThread::CheckForExceptions: Exception: HagridBase: Err: 0 | -1979514218 | lk_interruptobject.cpp | 1157 | Error Code: kLPKerr_CodecFatalDecodeError Msg: "Card2:Decode:Pipe2DecodeError"

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: HagridBase: Err: 0 | -1979514218 | lk_interruptobject.cpp | 1157 | Error Code: kLPKerr_CodecFatalDecodeError Msg: "Card2:Decode:Pipe2DecodeError""

I use recommended SD cards and have tried several. That and 2 different Vid Assts with the same issue leads me to think the fault is with my Avid.

Any help is appreciated.

HP Z820 Dual Xeon Processor running Media Composer 2018.12.2 and Nitris DX. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 7 2021 7:57 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,801
    • Points 48,785
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Blackmagic Video Assist issue

I'd try and copy the contents of the SD card to a hard drive, and see if the problems continue. If the problem goes away, then it might be a timing or CODEC issue coming from the recorder.

Also, what version of Windows are you using (Home or Pro)?

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC (generally the latest or the one just before) [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, Jun 8 2021 11:39 AM In reply to

• Mike Milo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Coral Springs, Florida, USA
    • Posts 97
    • Points 1,345

Thank you for responding.

I did try copying to the hard drive, no change. I'm using Win Pro. I found that if I link then transcode to DVCPRO all is well but I'd rather stick with  DNxHD.

Also, if I link to the card and try to play in the source monitor from the card this shows up in the source on a black screen: "vdm3_videooutputcvtr::executerequest: unexpected state"

HP Z820 Dual Xeon Processor running Media Composer 2018.12.2 and Nitris DX. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 2 2021 12:51 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,801
    • Points 48,785
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Sorry for the late response. You might want to try upgrading to the current version (2019.x) and see if that fixes the issue.

I would expect DNxHD to work normally. As for linking to the card, it probably isn't responding as fast as it should (as far as MC is concerned). I've never had much luck linking to SD cards.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC (generally the latest or the one just before) [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller