Latest post Thu, May 6 2021 5:09 PM by YassAvid. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 5 2021 10:54 PM

• YassAvid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 17 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

Timecode Display Problem

Hello Avid Forum,

I've been editing sequences in 23.976 but since these sequences are then upc-onverted to 59.94, I edit using the 30DF timecode on the timecode window.

Yesterday out of the blue, my numeric keyboard stopped working, and I found online that the Monitor Window's timecode had changed to Mas 30DF, which was causing the numeric pad to not work. I changed it to Master TC1 and the numeric keypad started working, but now in the timecode window, the Master 30DF timecode is blank.

Is anyone familiar with this issue that has a solution for this? Thank you in advance.

• Thu, May 6 2021 5:09 PM In reply to

• YassAvid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 17 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

Re: Timecode Display Problem

While I didn't find the reason, I'll post the solution I found for any editor who, like myself, edits footage on 23.98 and the final project needs to be upconverted to 59.94, while keeping the sequence and segments on time.

It seems the sequence received from the producer via MediaCentral messaging system is the one causing this issue where the timecode for 30DF won't work. Whether this is a corruption issue or a setting the producer might have under their MediaCentral settings, instead of duplicating the sequence, create a new sequence in the 23.98 project, open the producer's sequence in the source monitor and just overwrite it to the new sequence you created. This way the new sequence will have the 30DF timecode enabled.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller