Latest post Wed, Mar 31 2021 2:35 PM by Sign-in name. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 31 2021 12:58 PM

relinking media

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Hello everyone.

So ai am about to start the 101 course.  I have downloaded all the materials.  However I have stumbled t the very first hurdle (not an auspicious start I know.  I open the Jacuzzi session and the media is all off line.  I cleck on the relink option and search all available files and the session just cannot see the files.  I have not renamed any thing.  The attached images show you were everything is.  Can anyone explain why the session cannot see the files?

All help gratefully received.

• Wed, Mar 31 2021 1:31 PM In reply to

Re: relinking media

I apologise for a glaring spelling mistake in only the second word!!!

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

• Wed, Mar 31 2021 1:41 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 783
    • Points 9,970

You should have two folders of rushes for the Jacuzzi excercise, named 006 and 007, which need to be somewhere on your media drive.

Try linking to the files again in the source browser.

You can use the bins marked scene six and seven respectively for the 006 and 007 folders.

Once you've linked the files, (which will be copies of the master clips already in the bins), you should find the original master clips are now linked and your timeline is no longer offline.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 31 2021 1:46 PM In reply to

Hi,

Couple of things to check:

1. In your relink settings, uncheck 'Match case when comparing source names', as you don't want to narrow the search if it's not working.

2. Under Tracks to relink, uncheck 'Data' because you most likely don't have data tracks.

3. Under Relink to: select 'Any video format' for the same reason as 1.

Also, for Avid to see your media, it must be at the root of the drive it's on, and it must be in the following folder structure:

D;/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/006

D:/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/007

'D' is whatever drive you're using for media in this example. Note that 'MediaFiles' is all one word.

If all of those things are true and it's still not working, come back to this thread and we'll see what else we can try.

[edited to add] I cross-posted with Bruno. Put the 006 and 007 folders in the MXF folder as shown above.

Media Composer 2021.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Mar 31 2021 2:01 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 783
    • Points 9,970

camoscato:

Also, for Avid to see your media, it must be at the root of the drive it's on, and it must be in the following folder structure:

It's been a while since I've taught the 101, but I believe the Jacuzzi media are QT files (supplied by Editstock) that are meant to be linked. Avid do supply native MXF media (in a folder named 101) for some of the lessons, but the Jacuzzi files (if I remember corrrectly) are meant to be linked as part of the exercise. 

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 31 2021 2:35 PM In reply to

Thank you everyone for your help.  It turns out I did not have the files in the root of my drive and once I moved everything there it was able to find it.  First piece of software I have used that has to have its folder stored in this way.  It seems there are a few things I wil have to learn to pass.

Thank you all for your help, it is very much appricated.

• Wed, Mar 31 2021 3:01 PM In reply to

Bruno M:

camoscato:

It's been a while since I've taught the 101, but I believe the Jacuzzi media are QT files (supplied by Editstock) that are meant to be linked. Avid do supply native MXF media (in a folder named 101) for some of the lessons, but the Jacuzzi files (if I remember corrrectly) are meant to be linked as part of the exercise. 

Ah, sorry about that; I was confusing them with existing media files. Listen to Bruno; he knows what he's talking about.

Media Composer 2021.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller