Latest post Thu, Feb 11 2021 2:26 PM by campebejo. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 11 2021 12:04 AM

Time Indicator Jumping Around in Source Window

I'm running Avid MC v. 2018.12.1 on a Mac Trash Can with Mojave 10.14.6

I seem to have some sort of bug where when I pull up something in the source window, hit TAB so I can view the audio in the timeline and hit play, the time indicator jumps around out of sync visually to where it should be in the clip. At very random times. Sometimes it's on the right spot but mostly it's not. Definitely some sort of bug. Makes it nearly impossible to make exact edits. If it's an audio track, I've worked around it some by pulling the entire track into a separate sequence to edit, but definately a pain in the ***, not how an Avid is supposed to work and takes a lot of extra time in a session.

Anyone incurred this and how to fix? 

Thanks in advance.

~e

• Thu, Feb 11 2021 2:26 PM In reply to

• campebejo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 20 2018
    • Sweden
    • Posts 47
    • Points 490

Re: Time Indicator Jumping Around in Source Window

Hey Eddie,

I'm curretnly having a very similar problem with MC v. 2020.9.0 (on an Late 2015 iMac / MacOS Catalina).

I'm curious if you are also using an AJA Artist external video card (as I am)?

The was posited by the tech department as being a possilbe reason why the bug was occuring.

The probelm still persists, by the way, so I don't have a soultion for you unfortunately.

JC

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller