Latest post Thu, Jan 14 2021 1:09 AM by Telegram!. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 13 2021 10:09 PM

• teltrab42
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 31 2009
    • Posts 43
    • Points 595

Multi Image Montage. Looks like a Zoom call. Please Help!

Need to edit a choir singing. I will be handed individual files of each singer. There might be 24 individual files in all. Would like to see various combinations of singers in little squares. Sometimes 2, sometimes 4 or 10. At times all 24. Recently cut a project like this using Picture in a Picture effect. It was a very time consuming process. Am wondering if there is any plug in or software out there that will allow me to stay within Media Composer, give me various options of 2,4,8,20 images on the screen (is it call a Zoom Call effect) 

These sequences are so ubiquitous, there must be an easy way to create this effect.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Rick

MediaComposer 8.8.3. OS,10.12.4. Quicktime v10.0, MacPro,SIX-CORE 3.5GHz, Memory 16GB., . .External ThunderBolt and Firewire drives [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 13 2021 10:58 PM In reply to

Re: Multi Image Montage. Looks like a Zoom call. Please Help!

Hi Rick,

I think the problem is there's not a plug-in (I know of) that will randomize this sort of thing for you.  BCC Wild Cards can do a 'multiple on-screen box' look, but it's probably overkill (and expensive) if all you want is a 'zoom call' look. Plus, you'd have to adjust it for what you wanted each section to look like anyway, so I don't think it would save you that much time.

For what it's worth, it would be time consuming to build the initial 2, 4, 8, etc looks, but once you'd built each one for 10 seconds or so, you'd only have to copy that section and replace the singers to mix it up. You could even add a 3d warp above the top layer of a section to spin it around so it would look different (if, for example, you had 1 singer on the right and three stacked vertically on the left).

Media Composer 2020.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jan 14 2021 1:09 AM In reply to

Re: Multi Image Montage. Looks like a Zoom call. Please Help!

A similar suggestion: do a "pre-edit" by workkng in a Quad format. Syncing 4 cameras at a time. Maybe each of those cams are further cropped or repositioned since they may ultimately be very small. Then export as XDcam, (or DNxHD, etc) Import the quad XDcam. Do 5 more Quads, 5 more XDcam exports/imports. Next, Layout all 6 on a new timeline in sync, then make a Group from Timeline. Replace the 6 Quads XDcam imports with the new Groupclip you made from them, dialing each track to a separate quad. Then start adding 3D warps, to make a 3x2  24-image look... or variations you described.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller