Latest post Wed, Nov 25 2020 10:22 PM by Cutyes. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 25 2020 8:21 AM

Adjusting clip volume during playback

Hello everyone,

I am trying to adjust clip volume on the fly during playback.

Right now I cant use avid control on the iphone or ipad as it causes avid to crash instantly so I try with the keyboard or mouse. So using shortcuts or moving the fader of the audio mixer or adjusting gain on the clip itself.

But whatever I do, the playback stops instantly. Is there any way to adjust the volume without stopping playback? 

I am editing on a very old macbook pro / mid 2012 with 16 GB ram Using macOS Catalina 10.15.7 And usually the newest AVID Version / right now its 2020... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 25 2020 12:51 PM In reply to

Re: Adjusting clip volume during playback

Put the Audio Mix Tool in Auto Mode (not Clip, nor Live), and hit the record button. MC will play back the sequence and record any fader movement you cause along the way. It records between Mark In and Mark Out.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 25 2020 12:57 PM In reply to

Thanks! But there's no way to adjust clip volume on the fly?

I am editing on a very old macbook pro / mid 2012 with 16 GB ram Using macOS Catalina 10.15.7 And usually the newest AVID Version / right now its 2020... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 25 2020 10:18 PM In reply to

Not without hitting record in Auto mode, no.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 25 2020 10:22 PM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 180
    • Points 2,330

In clip-mode it should work with mouse or mouse-wheel. At least until 2019-versions. Don't know about 2020. But... for whatever reason... it does not work if the clip, that you want to change, is on 0dB AND has never been altered before. In that case playback will stop.

Mouse-wheel will change volume in 0.1dB steps, mouse-wheel + [shift] in 1dB steps.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller