Latest post Sat, Nov 21 2020 10:28 PM by tobymars. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 12 2020 10:49 PM

• tobymars
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 12 2020
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

screen resolution problems

I am an experienced Avid editor, but haven't used version 8. I installed First on my home machine to do a few projects  To begin, kudos for making a very nice free version availabe.

Now to the first issue at hand. I have a Dell Precision mobile workstation with a 3840x2160 display. Avid doesn't like that resolution so I am setting it to 1920x1080. When MC loads, the toolbar at the top is huge in comparison to the windows, and when I am in Preferences and open Bin settings, the window that opens is so huge that the bottom is cut off and I cannot get to the bottom to apply settings. Also, fonts are too large and are cut off in field boxes. I desperately want to change the bin autosave settings and I am totally frustrated that I cannot do so. I have tried different screen resolutions and the problem always remains the same. I can never get to the bottom of the window. Any ideas?

Second, I want to change my audio waveform color to black as it was in all previous versions that I used. Even if I change my track color to something light, the waveform remains grey. FYI I have only waveform showing not gain. The problem seems to have something to do with the fact that even with waveform unchecked in the timeline hamburger, waveform display is active.

Any and all suggestions gratefully accepted.
    Toby

• Sat, Nov 21 2020 10:28 PM In reply to

• tobymars
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 12 2020
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

Re: screen resolution problems

I found the solution to the resolution issue by myself. If you have a 4K screen and you have this issue, try to set the resolution to 1920x1080 AND THEN restart the computer. Simply setting the resolution and restarting the Avid application did not work, but if I restarted the computer after resetting the resolution then Avid came up without the problems I described.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller