Latest post Mon, Sep 28 2020 9:17 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 28 2020 7:31 PM

• myg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

"Gathering AAF dependencies" hangs on, prevous advises doesn't help

Hi guys,

I did 3 45 minutes long TV show recently and I should turnover the AAF to sound department, and I've got this error.
    The situation is the next: I've got 24 audio channels on my timeline, I want to export AAF for sound only, with the following settings:

The export starts fine, all media copied to the AAF folder, but the 'gathering AAF dependencies' never stops, the exported AAF stay 0kb. I did some research on the previous post, I did 'commit multicam edits', I did the link only option, I did remove match frame edits, I deleted MCState, no luck:(

The wierd thing that 6 months ago in the same show I did the same without any issue. The only thing what changed in the workflow is the Media Composer, now I have this version:

Version:2020.4.0.55005.0

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Thank you if you could help me.

MacBook Pro mid 2015 Blackmagic Ultra Studio express [view my complete system specs]

Gyuszi

• Mon, Sep 28 2020 9:17 PM In reply to

Re: "Gathering AAF dependencies" hangs on, prevous advises doesn't help

Divide and conqour. Try only the first then last half of the timeline as an AAF.

Then try the first 12 tracks then the second 12 tracks.

I suspect you will find you have one or more duff clips and thats the issue. You just need to narrow down whicg one(s) it is.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller