Latest post Sun, Sep 27 2020 11:53 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 27 2020 11:39 AM

• Rui Costa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 28 2010
    • Posts 30
    • Points 435

AMA error message

Hi 

I recently upgraded my Media Composer, I was using 2019.12 and I now I have upgraded to 2020.8

The upgrade was done using the Avid Link App, I have been doing this with sucess with prevoius versions with success never has any issues. (I have a subscrition license)

However, I have a finished project edited on the 2019.12 version that I would like to open on the current version that I have installed, 2020.8

When I opened this project on my current 2020.8 version I get an alert message from Media Composer:

EXCEPTION: CANNOT ACCESS THE AMA MEDIA STREAM PLUGIN TO PLAY THIS CLIP

Makes sense in a away, most of the media used on this project was LINKED using AMA and since the 2020.8 version is now using away to link media the UME

However,

I though Avid was already past this issues since most of other non linear editing applications let you do this, relinking all the media automatically.

I presume I have to this manually?

Is it possible to relink AMA linked media from a project from a prevoius version of media composer?

Many Thanks

Rui

• Sun, Sep 27 2020 11:53 AM In reply to

Re: AMA error message

Hi,

I don't know what OS you're using.

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/WhatsNew_MediaComposer_v20.4.pdf

Take a look at the sections Avid Universal Media Engine (UME) (and 'macOS Catalina support' if you're on Catalina) for details on bringing forward a 2018.x sequence into a 2020.x project (and any pitfalls you might run into if you're doing this on a Catalina system).

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller