Latest post Mon, Sep 7 2020 4:58 AM by camoscato. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 6 2020 7:50 PM

• Mike Milo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Coral Springs, Florida, USA
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,210

Jump to next edit

I;m running version 2018.12.2. Until a recent glitch I had "Jump to next edit" & "jump to previous edit" mapped to my A & S keys. Whatever the glitch was I had to rebuild my preferences which I did with the exception of the mapping to A & S.

Problem is, in the command pallette there is no button for that and there is no FF or RW selection. Using "Jump to previous event" is not the same.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

HP Z820 Dual Xeon Processor running Media Composer 2018.12.2 and Nitris DX. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 6 2020 9:12 PM In reply to

Re: Jump to next edit

Hi,

Mike Milo:
    Using "Jump to previous event" is not the same.

Jump to previous/next even is what replaced FF and REW. How is it not working the same for you? It may be that you need to adjust the options in the Composer Settings > Move tab.

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Sep 6 2020 9:17 PM In reply to

• Mike Milo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,210

That's what I thought but neither jump to next/previous or FFWD are not in the command pallette.

HP Z820 Dual Xeon Processor running Media Composer 2018.12.2 and Nitris DX. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 6 2020 9:29 PM In reply to

Mike Milo:
    Using "Jump to previous event" is not the same.
    How is it different?

I looked at my User KB settings in a currently installed MC 2018.12.12 and found my A and S Keys now show as Go to Previous and Go to Next event. 

This is  with my User customised KB setting that was setup way back in MC7 (last time I changed them) and I had mapped the A and S keys to FF and RW.   I checked the functionality the A and S keys just now and Go to Previous Event and Go to Next Event (never noticed this naming before) both acted as I expected them to by jumping to the previous or next cut that is on all currently selected tracks.

Alayne

Edit Add   Here Go to Previous Event and Go to next Event are both in the Command Palette

• Sun, Sep 6 2020 9:33 PM In reply to

• Mike Milo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,210

That's what my A & S keys are assigned to however, to jump to the next edit, I have to hit the key 5 or 6 times, seems like the jump per key press is only a few frames. 

• Sun, Sep 6 2020 9:38 PM In reply to

Mike Milo:
    have to hit the key 5 or 6 times, seems like the jump per key press is only a few frames. 
    It works here with a single keystroke.  Maybe a bug in MC2018.12.2 that is fixed before 2018.12.12

Alayne

• Sun, Sep 6 2020 11:34 PM In reply to

• Mike Milo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,210

I opened a different project and it worked fine, went back to the original project and all is well! 

• Mon, Sep 7 2020 4:58 AM In reply to

Mike Milo:

I opened a different project and it worked fine, went back to the original project and all is well! 

I'm glad you were able to get it working!

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller