Latest post Thu, Aug 27 2020 8:09 PM by mtahir. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 27 2020 4:33 PM

• mtahir
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 561
    • Points 6,885

How to relink punch-in audio with external audio

I used the Audio Punch-In tool to record some voice-overs. I then exported the audio to iZotope's RX6 for some processing. I then exported a .wav file from RX6.

Is there a way to replace the Audio Punch-In audio with the audio from RX6?

Thanks

MC2022.12 (Win10) | DaVinci Resolve Studio | Dell T7500 with 2 x 6-Core Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz CPUs | Triple-Channel 96GB (48GB per CPU) 1333MHz DDR3... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Aug 27 2020 5:41 PM In reply to

• mtahir
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 561
    • Points 6,885

Re: How to relink punch-in audio with external audio

Actually, I just realised that the plugin is available within MC! For some reason, I just didn't see it. Anyway... let that be a lesson to you all! Big Smile

MC2022.12 (Win10) | DaVinci Resolve Studio | Dell T7500 with 2 x 6-Core Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz CPUs | Triple-Channel 96GB (48GB per CPU) 1333MHz DDR3... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 27 2020 8:09 PM In reply to

• mtahir
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 561
    • Points 6,885

Re: How to relink punch-in audio with external audio

I've discoverd that using the RX6 plugins within MC causes audio delays. No issue with using MC's built-in audio plugins. This is what iZotope say:

"Latency and Delay Compensation

iZotope plug-ins use complex DSP, which can create audible latency. During playback, this can result in a delay or offset to a single track's output, which can put a track out of sync with the rest of a mix.

Most modern audio applications include latency compensation and can automatically compensate for this offset, however, if you are noticing latency when working with iZotope plug-ins in your host, here are a few things to try:

Make sure the "Enable delay compensation"* feature is enabled in the Options/Preferences window. This option is available in the General section under "Latency" or "Delay Compensation."

*Note that this feature reports the exact offset in samples to the host application. The host itself will need to compensate for the offset.

Make your host's delay compensation feature is enabled. This will usually be available in the preferences window or an options/settings menu.

If your host application does not support Delay Compensation, you can still manually adjust your track to compensate for the offset. The current offset is available in the "Latency" or "Delay Compensation" section of the Options/Preferences panel."
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller