Latest post Wed, Aug 19 2020 8:17 AM by Bruno M. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 18 2020 6:15 AM In reply to

• AntCaladine
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 11 2007
    • Stourbridge, UK
    • Posts 391
    • Points 5,025

Re: Color control panels for Avid

Yes the 1k price tag is what your looking at. Although that is US dollars. So less for me in the UK, more for you in Aus. But I dont know if that is alot or not ?
    You do get two licenses for that, so can install and run on two machines.

The free version is, if someone has sent you a project and media that has the plugin used, you can render it. You cant change any of the baselight grade though.

Why dont you download the trial and give it a test. In avid you drop it on a clip, grade real quick, and copy to other clips if you want.

2x HP Z8 G4, 96GB ram, Win10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia Quadro P4000 8GB AMC 2020.12 1x HP Z820 16GB ram, Win10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia Quadro 4000 AMC 2020.12 2x Aja... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 18 2020 7:53 AM In reply to

• knejmann
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Århus, Denmark
    • Posts 280
    • Points 3,150

Pat Horridge:
    Its a neat plugin for sure. But I don't think it supports any surfaces MC doesn't ?

Appart from Artist Color it also supports Tangent panels as already mentioned - plus JL Cooper MCS3 and MCS Spectrum and Filmlights own Slate panel.

Slate is really nice but unfortunately very pricy (like 12500$)

Media Composer 2020.12.6 - Windows 10 - Dell 8520 - Blackmagic Decklink Studio 4K - Interplay and NEXIS storage - Avid Artist Color. [view my complete system specs]

Kåre Nejmann

Danish Broadcasting Corporation - DR
    Aarhus, Denmark 

• Tue, Aug 18 2020 1:00 PM In reply to

The free plugin just allows you to play (and render) baselight grades. Its so you can pass an avid timeline to another Avid and they can play your grades but not change them.

But yes it is an outlay. It depends how much time it saves you round tripping to Resolve and how that mounts up over the years.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

• Tue, Aug 18 2020 2:19 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,581
    • Points 255,755
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Jed

You know I love ya but search is your friend.   I quickly found this by doing ONE search...... for the info needed.

https://sites.fastspring.com/filmlight/product/baselighteditionsfree?member=new

Baselight Editions (Free)

The Free Reader allows you to read and render Baselight grade information within your editing or VFX package - without purchase.

If you want to switch to the unlimited version, you can purchase a licence from our web store at any time. It's exactly the same application so no further installation is required.

You can find out more about using Baselight Editions with a free licence in our Quick Reference Guide.

Version

•  Baselight for Avid
    •  Baselight for NUKE
    xoxoxoMarianna
    Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 19 2020 8:17 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 912
    • Points 11,685

It might also be worth mentioning that you can also have your licence as a freelance licence.

What this means is that you can activate any free version of Baselight Editions into a fully functioning version for any number of days you like. You'll need to be able to connect to the Filmlight server (via the internet) for this to work.

Simply input your licence key and the number of days you want and you're ready to grade. Once those days have expired, the plugin will revert to the free version. You're then able to temporarily licence another system.

This feature is useful for freelancers who want to take their licence with them when working on various client's hardware. Once you've left, the client can still render and output the grade with the free version, but they can't make any changes to the grade. It's also useful for those who have multiple Avid systems at their facility and just want to be able to move the licence around.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Decklink 4K, Symphony 2020, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport... [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller