Latest post Sun, Jul 5 2020 7:20 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 5 2020 3:15 AM

• rominarey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 15 2014
    • Posts 25
    • Points 325

How To Use Two Separate Drives For Avid MediaFiles

Hello,

I am wondering how to set up a network with two drives i have. Right now I have the project running with the media on hard drive A but I want to include MX and SFX that I have on another drive B. Will Avid just read the two drives Avid MediaFiles folders or do I have to point it to the folders in drive B to the project somehow?

Thanks for your time.

R

OS 10.4.5 

Avid 2018.12.6

• Sun, Jul 5 2020 7:20 AM In reply to

Re: How To Use Two Separate Drives For Avid MediaFiles

Hi,

It should just be as easy as connecting both drives to the computer and starting Media Composer. During startup, Media Composer scans the system for drives, and will index the files it finds in any Avid MediaFiles folder as long as the folder is at the root of the drive.

If Media Composer doesn't index a drive for some reason, you can force it to do so by deleting the media database files.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller