Latest post Wed, Jul 1 2020 10:18 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 30 2020 6:00 PM

• jcmcnamee
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 287
    • Points 3,050

Separate timeline settings when toggled

I would love to be able to have the timeline change to a "source" timeline setting when it's toggled to the source monitor that then switches back to your last used edit timeline setting when toggling back to the record monitor.

For example, when working on VO I like to have a tall audio track with waveform showing but this is annoying when looking at my sequence. I'm constantly toggling between the two and changing the setting every time is pretty annoying.

Or better yet, waveform view in the source monitor for audio like in FCPX and Premiere Pro!

Media Composer 2020.8 / OS 10.15.6 27" iMac 5K 2017 [4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB] [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 1 2020 10:18 AM In reply to

Re: Separate timeline settings when toggled

Maybe a new workspace and tiew the timeline view to each workspace?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller