Latest post Fri, Jun 26 2020 7:19 AM by camoscato. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 25 2020 6:04 PM

2020.6 Split to mono not working?

Hi all,

I've got some mov files with 1 stereo audio track. When I right click on one of the clips in a bin or select one and go to Clip > Audio and choose 'Split All Tracks to Mono' it makes a copy of the clip, but both the original and the copy have 1 stereo audio track. In short, nothing happens. I've tried both linked clips and transcoded clips.

If I edit the clip into a sequence onto a stereo track, I can then right click on the stereo track in the timeline and choose 'Split Track to Mono' and it works as expected.

Anyone else seeing this?

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jun 25 2020 9:57 PM In reply to

Re: 2020.6 Split to mono not working?

Pardon my ignorance but did it ever work like that? For clips I always did Clip->Modify-Set Multichannel Audio

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 26 2020 7:19 AM In reply to

Re: 2020.6 Split to mono not working?

Job ter Burg:

Pardon my ignorance but did it ever work like that? For clips I always did Clip->Modify-Set Multichannel Audio

It worked like that in (I think) 2020.5 and previous versions. Thank you, though, for the reminder about the Modify command, which is still working as expected, and is a better workaround than editing the clip into a sequence and then splitting it.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller