Latest post Sun, Jun 14 2020 7:27 AM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jun 13 2020 11:18 AM

Help, can't sign in anymore with Avid link, although activated

In the middle of my annual sub for Media composer. Mid project. On version 2018 12 9 I've updated Avid link. The Avid link page shows that I am indeed activated, but has an orange button suggesting that I update MC. I want to remain on my current version. Is this stopping me signing in now?

HP Z840 Processors: Dual, 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2623v3 (3.00/3.40GHz, 4cores/8Threads) Memory: 128GB (8x 16GB) RAM DDR4 ECC REG Graphics: NVidia Quadro 6000... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Sat, Jun 13 2020 12:14 PM In reply to

Re: Help, can't sign in anymore with Avid link, although activated

I may be misunderstanding, but if Media Composer will run, just run it and ignore Avid Link's prompt to update.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Jun 13 2020 5:14 PM In reply to

I can't run MC. Just keeps giving me the dreaded grey activation screen yet Avid link says I'm activated. This is a nightmare. Bring back dongles

HP Z840 Processors: Dual, 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2623v3 (3.00/3.40GHz, 4cores/8Threads) Memory: 128GB (8x 16GB) RAM DDR4 ECC REG Graphics: NVidia Quadro 6000... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 13 2020 5:53 PM In reply to

Ah, ok. First thing I'd try is sign out of Avid Link and sign in again. Avid Link requires this once a year so it can 'phone home' and update/verify your license status.

If that doesn't work you should contact Avid Support: https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-support Select Broadcast & Video, then on the next page click Annual Contract Support and call the number listed for your area.  Help with activation issues is free, and it's option 2 from the phone menu. If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates, and can help you.
    Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sun, Jun 14 2020 7:17 AM In reply to

Thanks. I have now tried to deactivate but it won't let me.

I get 

Failed Deactivation: Response is out of order with previous responces.

I hate Avid link so much

I'll try to get through to support. Thanks for your help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RQ-fz3vnstJ6ClDmPks6O_qz2j2i5E8E/view?usp=sharing

• Sun, Jun 14 2020 7:27 AM In reply to

Hi

Are you signed in to the Avid Link app on your computer? If so, try signing out and signing back in again.

NOTE: This is different from activating and deactivating your license. Leave the license alone, and just try to sign out and back in to the app itself.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller