Latest post Sat, Jun 13 2020 3:48 PM by Glenn Sakatch. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 12 2020 7:02 PM

• yhz123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 24 2011
    • Posts 11
    • Points 150

Digital juice

running MC 2020.5 and am looking at the Digital Juice standard or pro package.

They seem to have some good promotions, just not sure if they are a good value or not.

I'm not using After Effects.

Anyone have any feedback on using Digital Juice products within MC?

thx.

• Sat, Jun 13 2020 11:00 AM In reply to

Re: Digital juice

I used some a long time ago when they still delivered them on DVD, and they were good then, but that was at least 10 years ago. I had no problem importing the backgrounds or the keyable graphics into Media Composer, and they were high-quality enough for broadcast.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Jun 13 2020 3:48 PM In reply to

Re: Digital juice

The fact that you are running MC really isn't relavent to most of what digital juice offers.  Yes there are templates specifically for AE and Motion, but there are tons of music files, backgrounds, keyable elements, stock footage. 

I bought my plan about 5 or so years ago, and it has more than paid for itself.  I see they are now rolling out a newer plan for 4k elements, which would basically be a re-purchase of a plan for me...i may have to look at that as well.

Most of their music has stems as well as full mixes, which can be quite handy.

No, it is not always as good as stock from Shutterstock, or music from APM, but for a 1 time fee, it has saved my bacon on several occasions.  

I've taken their PSD layer files into Fusion, and manipulated them into animated elements on some shows.

It just depends on your level of imagination sometimes.

I use it in connection with stock sites, and music sites.  For low budget projects that don't have a music budget, it is perfect.

They will also supply you with the license files for music if you do use something for broadcast.

Current Avid-Z390 dual boot Win 10/Hackintosh Intel i9 64gig ram Radeon VII MC 8.10 - Win 10 64 Gig Ram Nvidia 1070 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller