Latest post Thu, Jun 25 2020 8:25 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 5 2020 9:41 PM

• Joel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 14 2007
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 12
    • Points 160

Applying Quick Transition Causes Crash/Unresponsiveness

I just got a 2019 Macbook Pro 16" and was trying out MC 2020.5.0 on OSX 10.15.4. For the most part it's running great, but I noticed that every time I add a quick transition it causes the whole interface to choke. I am unable to start playback at any point within the sequence, even though I can move the BPI. I've messed with this a bit, and even after removing the transition I'm unable to work so I close and restart Avid. Once the process of reopening Avid begins I will normally have a crash. Opening it a second time works though. If the transition is still applied then I will have to option open the project, otherwise it will crash.

My sequence has a few dissolves in it so I've been able to save those to a bin and apply them that way, which doesn't cause any issues, but this seems like a pretty big issue. I don't believe it has anything to do with my configuration, this is a brand new computer and I have very little additional software on it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

MC 2020.6.0, MacBook Pro (2019), 64 GB Ram, 2.4 GHz 8 Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 19 2020 9:39 PM In reply to

• Joel
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 12
    • Points 160

Re: Applying Quick Transition Causes Crash/Unresponsiveness

After further testing this seems to be a problem with the mouse bindings. I have a 6 button mouse that I map commands to in Avid preferences. The click wheel (recognized as Button 5 in Media Composer) is assigned Quick Transition. In MC 2020.5.0 when I use the click wheel to execute a Quick Transition it looks as though everything is fine, I apply the transition, but when I close the dialog box I am no longer able to play, and am limited in what I can do within the interface. If I use the Quick Transition button above the timeline, however, everything is fine. Seems to be a bug that needs to be fixed. While they're at it can they also add one more mouse button to the preferences panel? That would really help me out!

MC 2020.6.0, MacBook Pro (2019), 64 GB Ram, 2.4 GHz 8 Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 25 2020 5:34 PM In reply to

• Joel
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 12
    • Points 160

This problem persists in 2020.6

• Thu, Jun 25 2020 8:25 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,208
    • Points 231,130
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Joel:

This problem persists in 2020.6

Joel

Your email is not in our system..... can you email me your system ID and MyAvid email so I can get this logged and fixed.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller