Latest post Thu, Jun 4 2020 6:46 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 3 2020 3:33 PM

• AKA Dave
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 3 2007
    • Raleigh, NC
    • Posts 228
    • Points 2,750

Dongle Revisited

Hey folks, 

I did a quick search but didn't find the answer I was looking for.  Hopefully someone has a quick one for me.

I started a new job this week and part of my onboarding was a new MacBook Pro.  I'll be splitting my time on that and my home system which still has USB ports for the dongle.  Obviously, the MacBook does not.  Yes, I can use the adapter but it's clunky.  Third World problem I know, but the OCD makes me twitch.  Anyway, in the old days of software activation you had to call or otherwise transfer a licenses between two machines if you only had one license.  Is this still the case?  Do the automatically phone home and if one machine is working the other will not?  How is this handled now?

Thanks in advance, 

Dave

MC 8.4.0 with Symphony Option. 27 Inch iMac. 3.5 GHz i7, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB, OS X 10.10.3 - MacBook Air i5 4GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 4 2020 6:46 PM In reply to

Re: Dongle Revisited

If you have a software license you can deactivate on machine A and then reactivate on machine B

Then deactivate on B and reactivate on A. 

But unlike Adobe you can't do that in the cloud

If you forget to deactivate machine A you can't do tgst from machine B. 

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller