Latest post Mon, Jun 1 2020 5:53 PM by Dom Q. Silverio. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 1 2020 12:15 PM

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 28 2012
    • dubai
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,000

Factory Reset ISIS 5000

Dears,

I need your help, all i want to create a new RAID configuration for ISIS storage, erase all data and create a new configuration. all because one or two hard disk drives are corrupted and need to remove it and start a new RAID config without these drives.

ISIS version : 4.0.0.5500

HP z400,z420,z620,z640 , windows 7 pro 64 bit , avid isis 5000 , avid airspeed 5000/5500 , avid newscutter 10, avid inews server , avid command news server... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 1 2020 5:53 PM In reply to

Re: Factory Reset ISIS 5000

It seems that one drive failed and it is rebuilding correctly to the hot spare. You can remove the failed drive and replace it with an Avid only branded ISIS drive. Once the rebuild is done (yellow error) and the spare drive has been replaced (red error) then it should clear the status.

If you are still intent on rebuilding the server, then...

NOTICE: THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING on the server. NO BACKUP will be created other than what you create yourself. If you need to only rebuild a part of the server, then you need to specify and take a different course of action.

1. Delete all users and workspaces

2. Delete the storage group(s)

3. Unbind the storage engine

4. Delete the File System

5. Delete the RAID set

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/en385175

6. Run the Avid ISIS installer

This should initiate a new RAID set rebuild (takes about 25 hours).

AND depending on the version it may require a firmware flash and several reboot of your server.

Once the RAID set is build and the firware has been udpated, you can start a new file system and bind the storage engine.

MC 2019.12, W10, Gigabyte X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 32GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2012... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller