Latest post Mon, Jun 1 2020 4:26 AM by luca.mg. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 31 2020 9:53 AM

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

MC 2020 Create new video tracks duplicates at 10

Hi 

I am able to create new video tracks (Ctrl y - or via the contect menus)

Creating tracks 1-9 there is no issue but when I create video track 10 - it creates 2 tracks both named V10 and thereafter every time I create a new track it creats 2 of them - 10/10 11/11 12/12 13/13 etc. 

Does anyone else have this issue? Anyone know what causes it?

In the project I was working on - I made the fatal mistake of moving an upper track down the order and got some silly results - so I moved it back to its original place - not sure if this caused the issue

Anyway  did shut down / reboot / open up MC and create a new project and the problem still persists after creating 9 video tracks in an empty sequence - from 10 onwards I get a duplicated track creation scenario  - I  am going to have to continue with duplicated tracks and see if it causes problems - as I have to finish this work.

So hopefully it doesnt mess things up too much and each track is treated as an indvidual track 

UPDATE - both tracks are treated as 1 track so inserting a clip on track 10 inserts it onto both track, deleting either of the video tracks - both are deleted etc. 

Ta

Neil 

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, May 31 2020 10:13 AM In reply to

Re: MC 2020 Create new video tracks duplicates at 10

This doesn't happen very often, but it does sometimes. It's corrupt settings. Might help to create a new Timeline View. If not, a new user setting.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, May 31 2020 11:12 AM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

Thanks - a quick check of a newly created user seems to resolve this - but this is a bit annnoying - all the keyboard settings / layouts and button allocations now have to be remapped -invariably something is missed asnd it has to be redone -  is there a way to copy the old user settings to the new?

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, May 31 2020 1:16 PM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

Hi

I have created my new user profile - changed all settings to my preferences and have exported them as a clean version hopefully if this happens again I can simply import them and all corruption will be removed 

Thanks for the assistance Job - very much appreciated 

Regards

Neil 

• Sun, May 31 2020 1:47 PM In reply to

Glad you're sorted out. You should be able to import parts of your old user settings into your new user profile. Also, as I wrote before, the problem would likely be sorted simply by revertin to the default timeline view (bottom of the timeline). That said, it never hurts to have fresh new user settings. When going from 2018.x or earlier (old interfacve) to 2019.x or later (new interface) it is pretty much mandatory.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, May 31 2020 8:18 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,724
    • Points 44,695

adamsonn:

Hi

I have created my new user profile - changed all settings to my preferences and have exported them as a clean version hopefully if this happens again I can simply import them and all corruption will be removed 

Thanks for the assistance Job - very much appreciated 

Regards

Neil 

I make it a standard practice to export a copy of "good" settings for both the potential of corruption and to make getting on a new system easier.  Has worked for me.  Assuming (hoping) it will also work with 2020.x

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.12.9|OS 10.14.x - iMac Pro 2019 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Sun, May 31 2020 10:18 PM In reply to

jef:
    Assuming (hoping) it will also work with 2020.x
    Not really if the original settings were made under 2018.x or earlier. And with all the new settings in the new 2019/2020 interface, you're better off glong through all of them anyway. And throuh the many new options, for instance timeline colors for segment select and in-out select, brightness of the green sequence name and timecode windows, mappable keys at the bottom of the timeline, sequence map, new audio scrib toggle, etc.

• Mon, Jun 1 2020 4:26 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,713
    • Points 66,985

Other than exporting full user settings it is possible to export bits and pieces by drag and drop single settings from the settings window to the site settings window. Site settings can be shared across different users.

Symphony 20.06, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller