Latest post Fri, May 29 2020 6:24 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 29 2020 6:03 PM

Using Media Composer "First" as an importing station?

i don't have an assistant on a small job I'm doing and wondering about the limitations of the free "First" version- can bins and media be created in First and then used in my regular MC?  In 2017, Avid said that capability was going to be in a later version.  I'm in a 23.976 project with film options, if that would further limit.

Using background transcode is unusable on my 2017 Macbook pro as it completely bogs things down.

Thanks

2017 MacBook Pro Aja IO/XT Mojave 10.14.6 MC 2019.12.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 29 2020 6:24 PM In reply to

Re: Using Media Composer "First" as an importing station?

Brian Berdan, ACE:
    In 2017, Avid said that capability was going to be in a later version.

The FAQ hasn't been updated since then. As far as I know nothing has changed. You can't use MC First in any combination with the full version of MC.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/If-a-friend-sends-me-a-standard-Media-Composer-project-to-work-on-can-I-use-Media-Composer-First-for-working-on-this-project

FAQ:
    You cannot import or export a Media Composer project or bin with Media Composer | First. You can import or export video and audio files, and you can open a bin from Media Composer | First in another Media Composer | First. You also cannot open bins from Media Composer | First in Media Composer...

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller