Latest post Tue, May 26 2020 2:38 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 25 2020 6:53 PM

• Erik Levine
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 30 2011
    • New York
    • Posts 10
    • Points 140

can't change modes

I cannot access any of the modes. I made a new user profile from scratch and it was working fine then not at all. On MC 2020.4. Will work once or twice if I close and then reopen application but not a useful work around, obviously. Any ideas anyone, please?????

Mac Pro 2019, 2.3 GHz 16 - Core Intel Xeon W, 96 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB Media Composer 2020.4 Catalina 10.15.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 26 2020 7:17 AM In reply to

Re: can't change modes

Are you changing modes with the keyboard or by clicking the buttons on the side of the monitor? When it stops working, what does that look like? Is there an error message? Does it give any indication that you have tried to do anything (i.e. some windows change but not all of them or not the way they are supposed to) or is there no response?

It might also help to know your system specifications. Which specific operating system? Processor? Amount of RAM? Video card? Is your media linked, transcoded, or imported? Where is your media stored? Look at my profile at the bottom of this post for an example.

If you fill out this information in your profile, you won't have to type it out every time you need help.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, May 26 2020 12:59 PM In reply to

• Erik Levine
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 30 2011
    • New York
    • Posts 10
    • Points 140

Thank you. I am clicking the buttons on the side of the monitor but they do not respond. I was having the same issue and made a new user profile which totally fixed it for about a week or two and then this happened again. There is no error message. It just doesn't work and there is no indication of why. There is no response. I just added my system specs in my profile. Im on a new Mac Pro 2019 - 2.3 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, 96 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB with Catalina 10.15.4. The media was imported to a G-Speed Shuttle XL.

Mac Pro 2019, 2.3 GHz 16 - Core Intel Xeon W, 96 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB Media Composer 2020.4 Catalina 10.15.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 26 2020 2:38 PM In reply to

Normally I'd say that kind of weird thing is caused by corrupt user settings. Since you already created new ones and the problem has come back, I'd contact Avid Support to see if they can help with why (presumably) your user settings keep getting corrupted, or if they have other ideas about what may be causing the problem. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller