Latest post Fri, May 15 2020 10:50 PM by mua. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 14 2020 2:44 AM

• mua
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 25 2009
    • Posts 53
    • Points 665

2020.4.0 MC Cannot see timeline or composer monitor

I just upgraded to 2020.4 from the older interface and still getting used to the new interface.  I accidentally closed a bin window and my composer and timeline disappeared.  I tried to reset MC to the default edit workspace but it only re-arranges the bin window. I can go to the Tools menu and launch Command Palette, etc. but I cannot get the single or dual monitor display or the timeline.  I even tried to set the Command Palette to active mode, no luck.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing MC, created a new user profile, etc.   I even used a backup copy of my project file from Mojave.  It still doesn't work.

I am most likely missing something very basic with interface.  I was on hold with support for one and half hours and then finally gave up.  

I am grateful for any insights and help.  THANK YOU!

SYSTEM:  MacPro 2019 / 3.3Ghz, 32GB, AMD Radeon Pro 580X / Catalina 10.15.4

2019 Mac Pro 12 Core // 2017 MacBookPro // 2010 MacPro 6 core 3.33GHz [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Thu, May 14 2020 6:54 PM In reply to

Re: 2020.4.0 MC Cannot see timeline or composer monitor

Are you able to run zoom on the system. Happy to share screen and see for you.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Fri, May 15 2020 10:50 PM In reply to

• mua
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 25 2009
    • Posts 53
    • Points 665

Re: 2020.4.0 MC Cannot see timeline or composer monitor

Thank you, Pat for the kind offer.

I knew that I might be missing something basic, embarrassingly the issue was that I switched the MacPro from an older to a newer monitor — however, I left the other monitor attached and since it was turned off, I forgot.  For some reason, Avid/MacPro recognized it as a second monitor and moved my composer and timeline windows to the monitor that was turned off.  I am all good now.  

2019 Mac Pro 12 Core // 2017 MacBookPro // 2010 MacPro 6 core 3.33GHz [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller