Latest post Thu, May 14 2020 8:02 PM by Job ter Burg. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 13 2020 3:28 PM

• Aliocha
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 4 2010
    • paris
    • Posts 13
    • Points 135

TC issue

Hi 

I'm trying to put online an old project, edited in 2010 with avid.

The media were ama linked then transcoded in DNxHD. It's XDCAM 35mb.

So, I ama linked the XDCAM, and no way to relink. Because, the source TC of the old offline transcoded media do not have the timecode. In fact, if I put it seems that they have to different TC. 

It's very surprising that a master do have a master TC

The V1 TC1 is not the good one, I don't know were it's coming from. But hte Mas TC1 is the real TC, the one used by the XDCAM original media. 

I tried a lot of things, the only solution that worked until now is modify the start TC of the offline transcoded master clip.

I have my transcoded old media back online in ama, but with more than tousand master clip, I will die before having all the project online.

I tried to duplicate the good TC column of XDCAM ama linked media, but did'nt find a way to past it in the bin of offline DNxHD media. 

I copied and past The source TC in a auxiliary TC column of the DNxHD offline media (faster than modify start TC of master clip), thent I tried to relink, didn't work, and I would be to long anyway. 

Any thoughts? I'm quite desperate...

I use Imac pro, mojave and avid 2019.12

Thanks folks !

aliocha

Imac pro 2017 2,3GHz intel xeon w 18 128 Go 2666 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 Go Blackmagic extreme 3 Catalina 10.15.7 Avid 2020.9 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 3:49 PM In reply to

Re: TC issue

Duplicate the right TC to Aux TC on both sides, and relink by Aux TC.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 4:03 PM In reply to

• Aliocha
    • Not Ranked
    • paris
    • Posts 13
    • Points 135

Thanks for your answer, but I don't have the right TC in any bin column. When i put a master clip in the source in the source monitor, the Timecode windows give a mas TC1 which is the right TC. But, correct me if I'm wrong, there is no master TC column available in the bin's heading. Unfortunatelly...

Imac pro 2017 2,3GHz intel xeon w 18 128 Go 2666 MHz DDR4 Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 Go Blackmagic extreme 3 Catalina 10.15.7 Avid 2020.9 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 5:07 PM In reply to

So is that MTC perhaps the same for the start of all clips?

Sounds like the original link/import did not append the source TC but rather set a default TC.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 14 2020 12:42 PM In reply to

• Aliocha
    • Not Ranked
    • paris
    • Posts 13
    • Points 135

Dear Job

maybe it's what happened, in fact I never saw a MTC for a master clip.

All the MTC for eachmaster clip are the good TC, the one that the XDCAM camera had recorded during the shooting.

And as all the documentary has been edited with a default TC, I still don't know how to fix this. And as the metedata keeps the information of the good TC in the MTC, it's really painfull to not be able to use it.

Cheers

alexis

• Thu, May 14 2020 8:02 PM In reply to

Aliocha:
    all the documentary has been edited with a default TC,

If you know what that default TC was, you can set that default TC to all clips in an Aux TC column. Then relink based on that.

I never saw a MTC for a master clip.

I must admit that that sounds very strange indeed.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller