Latest post Mon, May 18 2020 2:49 PM by camoscato. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 13 2020 8:56 AM

• Rui Costa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 28 2010
    • Posts 29
    • Points 420

2 Timecode tracks generated

Hi 

recently I have an issue when creating a new sequence, apprently when the system creates a new sequence it generates a sequence with 2 A1 tracks and 2 Timecode tracks.

Please see the picture below.

Any ideas why this is happening?

• Wed, May 13 2020 9:17 AM In reply to

Re: 2 Timecode tracks generated

If you filled in your system specs I'd know. But what version MC are you running?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Wed, May 13 2020 10:01 AM In reply to

• Rui Costa
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 29
    • Points 420

Thanks for your reply, sorry, completely forgot.

MC version 2019.20

We have 5 machines like this one, previously we we're using MC 8 on 2015 MacBook pro, then we changed to new laptops.

The Avid Profile User was imported from the previous machine and only one laptop generated this issue.

System specs:

MacBook Pro 15 2018

Mac OS 10.14.6

2.9 GHz Core i9

32GB 2400 DDR4

GFX Radeon Pro 560X 4GB

Intel UHD GFX 630 1536 MB

• Wed, May 13 2020 10:40 AM In reply to

Create a new user profile and a new project and re-test? 

Its not wise to import user profiles across major updates.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Wed, May 13 2020 1:36 PM In reply to

• Rui Costa
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 29
    • Points 420

Thanks for your reply.

What it would be the best way then?

Is there a way to use this old version profile and import it into the 2019.12 MC version?

Does exist a procedure for this?

Many Thanks

Rui

• Wed, May 13 2020 2:02 PM In reply to

Usually, it is not wise to take user settings from one full version to the next. With the new 2019 user interface, it is mandatory to create new user settings, or you will experience issues. Best to rebuild them completely.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 3:12 PM In reply to

• Rui Costa
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 29
    • Points 420

Thanks for your reply.

• Wed, May 13 2020 3:24 PM In reply to

P.S. While I strongly recommend rebuilding the settings, the issue you mentioned is little more than a corrupt Timeline setting. Create a new Timeline setting and the dual TC track issue should go away.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 18 2020 1:49 PM In reply to

• Rui Costa
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 29
    • Points 420

Thanks

I have rebuilt the settings from scratch and all is good now.

However I still have a question.

How do I enlarge the font size in for the timecode counters and center duration?

By default Avid displays a smaller font. Please see the pictures attached.

I have had a look into the composer window settings but I couldn't see anything.

It might quite a trivial one, but I still can't find where I can enlarge the font size.

Rui

• Mon, May 18 2020 2:49 PM In reply to

Rui Costa:

How do I enlarge the font size in for the timecode counters and center duration?

Try this:

1. Click on the Composer window to make it active.

2. Windows > Set Font

Change the font to whatever size you like. When you click OK the displays above the source/record windows should update.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller