Latest post Thu, Jan 14 2021 3:06 PM by brk95. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 10 2020 5:54 PM

Bin Layout bug causes crash...

Got caught out by this today. I had set up my edit spaces (source/record, CC, FX editing and audio) to also have linked bin layout settings.  I found that when I deleted a bin that must have been open when i was saving the bins layout, it will cause Avid to crash when switching to a different setup because apparently Avid is looking for the deleted bin.

At first Avid would freeze and then finally throw up the error "BIN_NOT_IN_PROJECT" or similar. I made a new bin called the same as the one Avid said was missing. Then deleted it to see if that would register.

Once deleted I tried swapping between setups again only to receive the message "You cannot open bins in the trash. Move the bin out of the trash and you will be able to open it". 

I had to go through all my edit setups and remove the link to the bin setup and now I can switch between the without the crash. 

Surely the bin layout should just register the placement of the bins on screen not the actual specific bins themselves?

Maybe this bug has been fixed in later versions?

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.11 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 15 2020 11:32 AM In reply to

Re: Bin Layout bug causes crash...

Ha! What you want is the old Superbin. I've always thought that the Bin Layout feature was badly flawed, especially as it needs constantly updating and is a Project setting. This is one thing that a really dislike about the new UI. If the Bin Layout was a tool (and so part of a Workspace without the need to make a link and update), things would run more smoothly. Bring back the Superbin!

iMac i5 27", 40GB RAM, OS 10.14.6 with Symphony 2020.6, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.14.6 with MC 2018.12.12 and BMD... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Thu, Jan 14 2021 3:06 PM In reply to

• brk95
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 1 2017
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

Re: Bin Layout bug causes crash...

Still a problem 8 months on

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller