Latest post Sat, May 9 2020 5:32 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 9 2020 3:03 AM

• Zingara
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 8 2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 38
    • Points 445

Mastering

Locked Contact

I've inherited a project that was startd with no thought to delivery, and it will be delivered to a broadcaster.  Firstly I am in a PAL region so 25fps is the norm and I am delivering an DNxHD, MXF OP1a, 1080i, 8bit, 25fps, with 8 embedded audio channels.

This project has many different framerates 23.98, 24, 30, 29.97, but most is in 25fps (70%). This is of course something that happens a lot on shoots and probably a lot more in the current climate.

The conversion's where done in Adobe Encoder to 25fps, but I am concerned about it not passing tech check.  There are duplicate frames on all the lower to higher frame rate conversions and bluring on movement on the higher to 25. The broadcaster in their supportive information recommends PixelStrings for all converstions, to get the best results. 

I would love some advice, if anyone has used PixelSrings, also about the best and most cost efficent way to handle this situation.  Also what is the best postpathway for future season of the show. if mixed frame rates continue. 

• Sat, May 9 2020 5:32 AM In reply to

Re: Mastering

Locked Contact

Please do not post the same question in multiple forums. Anyone who wants to answer please follow this link:

https://community.avid.com/forums/t/199403.aspx

Media Composer 2020.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller