Latest post Wed, Apr 15 2020 8:17 AM by Pat Horridge. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 14 2020 1:32 AM

• OfirMR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 7 2020
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Avid unexpected stuck/crashes while Exports or Render

Hello everybody,

I have recently got my AVID user certificate and am a beginner editor.

I've already finished several small projects on my computer with my veriosn of MC (2018.12.10.53650) and everything went smooth.

The last few days were very frustrating working on a prety simple project but everytime I try to:

Render Titles and/or Export to DnxHR Avid is stuck, become un-responsive and I have to force-shut the program.

I shoot BRAW files with a BMPCC4K 1080/30p  (Same as previouse projects).
    I link the media > Transcode to DnxHD 45 > Edit > Relink > Try to Export to DnxHR 4.4.4

My Coputer is an Asus i7 with an updated NVIDIA (GeForce) card.

I've tried to move the whole project to another hard drive but the problem is reoccuring.

Searching back in older conversation I could only assume that my project is corrupted in some way.

Is there a way to fix it?

I get no Errors.

I'll give you an example of the workflow:

- I have 3 tracks of video and 4 tracks of Audio in my timeline.

- on V3 I have titles.

- If I try to render the effects (color, trasnsiotions, etc) everything works fine. The moment I try to Render the titles on V3 just in the begining of the sequence - the progress bar apears but get stuck and become un-responsive.

- Same happnds when I try to export, once I press "Save", the progress bar appears and either doesn't load at all and become un responsive or load 5% and get stuck without any further progress.

I would very much apprecate your help here.

Ofir

• Tue, Apr 14 2020 8:05 AM In reply to

Re: Avid unexpected stuck/crashes while Exports or Render

Divide and concur is my suggestion.

On copies of your final sequeence try removing elements and see it will render and export.

Try removingt he V3 track. Does it render and export ok?

Try removing individual titles one at a time until you do get a render export that works.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Apr 14 2020 4:29 PM In reply to

• OfirMR
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Thanks for the reply, Pat!

When trying to render the title on V3 the MC is stuck without any notification.

When trying to Export without V3 it get stuck the same way.

I did manage to render to a DnxHD 110.  So the problem must be something with the higher quality export.

I was under the impression that Avid allows you to choose the option to export to DnxHR 4.4.4 ONLY when your relinked media is of as high quality.

But then, in my case, exporting to this quality seems to casue the problem.

• Tue, Apr 14 2020 4:41 PM In reply to

Thats odd because that suggests its not the V3 title track if it still freezes without it (have you tried leaving it a good while in case its just really busy)

If you render a timeline you can choose whatever resolution you want (even if your media was DNx36) it would be a pointless waste. DNxHR 4:4:4 is massivley demanding and I wonder if its visibly worth it. HAve you tried DNxHR HQX?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

-

• Wed, Apr 15 2020 3:30 AM In reply to

• OfirMR
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Odd it is, indeed. Especially when I just finished a more complex project shot with the same camera coded, edited to a much more compex sequence,  relinked in the same manner and exported to the HR 4.4.4 with no issues.

In this project I ended up exporting all to DnxHD 110 because it is really doesn't matter much for this project, even though I do see the difference in quality. 

I hope this problem won't reoccure after i finish this project - I would probebly reformat my drive.

• Wed, Apr 15 2020 8:17 AM In reply to

Thats why I would spend the time finding out why you had the issue this time. Its clearly not just the codec being used as that codec has worked fine.

So I'd suspect something in the sequence. It just needs breaking down to discover what.

Otherwise you stand the risk of a similar issue in the future.

-

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller