Latest post Tue, Apr 14 2020 12:04 AM by OfirMR. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 11 2020 2:15 AM

• OfirMR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 7 2020
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Timeline/Sequences recovery

Hello evryone.

This is my first massage here, and I would appreciate your help with a diapearance of 2 sequences.

I am a PC user, and I had to force shut the MC in a beginig of an export that got stuck ("Progrem is not responding")

I was exporting a relinked sequence.

When I relaunched Avid everything was right in place (including titles that I've added right before the export attampt), everything but the sequences: the original - transcoded and the relinked copy.

It is as if the force shut down caused the deletion of ONLY the two sequences. The rest of the project stayed intact.

I've look in the attic and could only find the empty sequences bin.

Is there a way to recover the the sequence/timeline from the .mxf files?  did anyone else experianced this before?

I'm using:

*Version:2018.12.10.53650

*Asus/I7/

Thanks in advance for any advice here.

Ofir

• Sun, Apr 12 2020 12:40 PM In reply to

Re: Timeline/Sequences recovery

In hindsight always save before exporting or doing any major change. 

Always have 2 sequence bins and duplicate sequences between them.

Check the date stamp of those attic files. 

It's the only chance of recovery. 

Timelines sequences don't exist in MXF files they are just metadata stored in bins. 

Also revisit you bin settings re save intervals the default is quite long. I'd set to shorter. 

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Apr 13 2020 12:20 AM In reply to

• OfirMR
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Thanks for the reply.

I searched and searched and the sequence was gone.

Luckly it was pretty easy to recreate.

The re save intervals were too long and my system crashes often in exports.. so yes, should have saved before.

• Mon, Apr 13 2020 11:26 AM In reply to

Well at least you got there. Manual save alt S should become your friend and having alternating sequence bins helps.

Are you on the most current version MC your system and license supports. Avid shouldn't crach on exports and it would be wise to resolve why it does than work around it.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Apr 14 2020 12:04 AM In reply to

• OfirMR
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

I'm using Version:2018.12.10.53650 and I think I will start a new thread

About my crashing problem.

Avid get stuck every time i try to export sequences or Render Titles within

The sequence.

It is very frustrating.

I'll try the community for supprt.

Thanks!

Ofir

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller