Latest post Fri, May 15 2020 4:35 PM by Jason Sedmak. 39 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 13 2020 2:25 AM In reply to

Re: COVID-19: Implement a Webcam output directly from MC?

Hi Jason, (and others).Thanks so much for sharing all the above info.  My head hurts but I do want to learn this. I'm on a PC, btw. Do you happen to know if one needs a paid Zoom account, rather than a Basic account? I ask because I cannot seem to get my Composer or Source Monitor into Zoom, even though MC shows up in the NDI Studio Monitor and "NewTek NDI Video" appears in the Camera spun down in the Settings> Video section. All I see is a black screen in Zoom Settings windiw. Very tantalizing to be so close but so far. I'm just going to wait and watch for more info. BTW, NDI has some kind of camera and capture app for IOS that was listed as "free" util 5/31. Not sure why I need it...

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 2:37 AM In reply to

Telegram,

Zoom free will not limit any sources, just give you a time limit on your meetings. 
    As far as not seeing your NDI feed in zoom, and I'm not sure with PC, but in Mac you need to launch NDI virtual monitor and set its source to what your feed is. In my case, it was the NDI feed from OSD, sounds like you are skipping that, so you'd want to select the NDI feed from Avid.

Hackintosh i9-9900K, AMD Radeon Vega 64, 64 GB RAM, m.2 SSD, 8x 10GigE to Terrablock, BM SDI 4k, currently running Mac OS 10.14.6. Symphony 2019.12.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 3:54 AM In reply to

Thanks, you're great. On my PC I have a Virtual Input program and a Studio Monitor program. The Studio Monitor will display the active MC Monitor in its box. I feel guilty here when you are Mac specific. I will try to glean what I can and get out of your way... 

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 5:10 AM In reply to

Did you try setting the input in NDI Virtual Monitor and not using Studio Monitor? 
    VM configures the source, SM just monitors it.  

Hackintosh i9-9900K, AMD Radeon Vega 64, 64 GB RAM, m.2 SSD, 8x 10GigE to Terrablock, BM SDI 4k, currently running Mac OS 10.14.6. Symphony 2019.12.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 7:58 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,251
    • Points 14,130

I had this with the MacMini - Zoom won't 'start video' unless you have a webcam available.

So you need to get a webcam or fake one (BM Atem emulates a webcam)

iMac 5K on High Sierra MC 2020.5, HP z420 MC 2020.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 12:37 PM In reply to

Don't know about a PC or if you are not using the Zoom via the app, but that's not true on Mac.

• Wed, May 13 2020 3:38 PM In reply to

Jason Sedmak:
    https://sofimarshall.com/real-time-remote-editing/

While this is great and also got me started, Sofi's blog misses an important option.

If you have an external device like the Web Presenter or the Magewell USB Capture HDMI, in Zoom, you can choose to 'Share Screen', click the Advanced tab, and click 'Content from 2nd Camera', and tick the boxes below that say 'Optimize Screen Share for Videoclip' you can share the USB source as a computer screen, which significantly enhances the quality. If at first it doesn't appear to share the correct input (but your webcam or another screen), click 'Switch Camera'.

That said, on my Mac, the BMD Web Presenter only comes up as 800x600 that way, the Magewell adapter does come up as a 1920x1080 source.

Caveat: if the receiving party has too low a bandwidth, sync issues will occur. Otherwise, it is a much better way than using video as a regular webcam.

And the option to "Turn on Original Sound' (which she does mention) is crucial in my experience.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 3:39 PM In reply to

TrevorA:
    Zoom won't 'start video' unless you have a webcam available.

On my PC, the NDI can be used as the webcam source for Zoom.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 13 2020 4:11 PM In reply to

Good news! I had an epiphany this morning, and realized my BM card was in a card slot that was using PCH chipset lanes (third slot). In nutshell, it wasn't pulling from the available PCIe lanes from the processor like maybe it should have been (did I say my system was unorthodox?). Switching it to a more appropriate PCIe lane seems to have fixed the problem as I've been running without issue for over an hour. Back in business! (fingers crossed) I've also sent out an email to BM Support to see what their take is on the whole Out + In using the same card fiasco. I'll update when I hear back.

• Fri, May 15 2020 4:35 PM In reply to

The official word from Blackmagic is; as long as you have a full-dulplex card (I do, as I have a Decklink SDI 4k) this is definitely possible, but it depends on your software.

So testing on whatever your system is would be prudent.

Cheers,

Jason

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller