Latest post Sun, Mar 29 2020 4:41 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 23 2020 11:39 PM

Using FrameFlex for Imported Footage?

Hello,

I am creating a video for Facebook and have created my project to be 1080x1080 pixels (a square) because that's what their algortithm favors right now.

I am new to Media Composer and quickly discovered after importing my footage into bins that it squishes my media to fit the 1:1 aspect ratio of my project. I looked into how to fix this and came across the Frame Flex feature, but it seems that the feature only works with linked footage, as importing footage changes it's resolution to 1080x1080.

Frame flex would work great if I was using linked footage, but because I'm using an external hard drive and editing with the footage linked from it my MC has been very slow. For this reason, I wish to import it.

Is it possible for me to use Frame Flex with imported footage? If not, is there any way to have the footage exist outside of frame (if it's a 4k clip, for example) and I can scale it into the frame as I like? (Like when using the "resize" effect and scaling a segment?)

If not, maybe I'll just move my footage to my PC and edit with the footage linked from there so things process a bit more smoothly.

Thanks for the help.

• Sun, Mar 29 2020 4:41 PM In reply to

Re: Using FrameFlex for Imported Footage?

Scrap teh imported media ( I only suggest importing media that can't be linked)

AMA link the sources. Set the frame flex as needed and then transcode. You have the same type of media as you would have done via import but with more control.

If you select a batch of AMA linked clips in a bin and chosoe source settings framflex you can adjust them all in one hit. Just click apply and ok at the end.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller