Latest post Sat, Mar 21 2020 4:38 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 21 2020 2:31 PM

Cut and Paste clips without overwriting

Hi! I am trying to cut and paste clips in the timeline to move them around without moving the mouse.

Rigth now I can sometimes Copy with cmd c, delete with x and paste with cmd v.

But what happens is sometimes it inserts the clip in a new position and sometimes it overwrites the other clips.

I try to switch to segment mode Extract splice in before inserting, but it doesnt help.

Seems to me its totally random if a clip is inserted or it overwrites

Is there anz way to control that?

MediaComposer 2019 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 21 2020 4:38 PM In reply to

Re: Cut and Paste clips without overwriting

Hi,

I think I remember in one of your other threads that you've come to Media Composer from FCP and Premeire, which would make sense if you're trying to cut/paste like you do in those programs. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) Media Composer doesn't work well using a copy/paste workflow. I'd suggest getting into the habit of marking clips with in/out points and OPT+copying them into the source monitor to then paste them someplace else.

Also, you've posted this in the Xpress Pro forum. Xpress Pro was killed off in 2008. You should post in the Media Composer forum:

https://community.avid.com/forums/48.aspx

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller