Latest post Mon, Aug 10 2020 8:28 AM by Jesper Truelsen. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 4 2020 3:02 AM

• TMVC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 82
    • Points 1,125

Ongoing Crashes With NewBlue Titler Pro 7 Ultimate

After NewBlue discontinued the free (full) version of New Blue Titler on Avid MC recently, we purchased and upgraded our software to the New Blue Titler Pro 7 Ultimate.

However, since installing it, it has constantly crashed the entire Avid application - mostly while saving.

In spite of contacting support, there seems to be no resolution to this from either Avid or New Blue Titler.

From what we’ve seen, the problems have been there throughout various versions over the years, and plagued various users.

If we uninstall and stop using the software, what alternatives do we have besides Marquee?

Voltaire

macOS High Sierra (ver. 10.13.6)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Processor 4 GHzz Intel Core i7

Memory 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

System 1: MC Adrenaline version 3.2 HP xw8200 3.4 dual xeon 3 gb RAM Huge Mediavault U320 3 x 200 gb RAID 3 1 x 2 TB Editshare system System... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 4 2020 3:24 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,268
    • Points 231,960
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Ongoing Crashes With NewBlue Titler Pro 7 Ultimate

TMVC 

I asked Marcus from New Blue to jump in and respond.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 4 2020 10:52 PM In reply to

TMVC:

After NewBlue discontinued the free (full) version of New Blue Titler on Avid MC recently, we purchased and upgraded our software to the New Blue Titler Pro 7 Ultimate.

However, since installing it, it has constantly crashed the entire Avid application - mostly while saving.

In spite of contacting support, there seems to be no resolution to this from either Avid or New Blue Titler.

Hello Voltaire,

I do apologize for the issues you're experiencing with Titler Pro 7 Ultimate. You have been in contact with our support department but unfortunately it sometimes takes awhile to figure out what the problem is. 

With Titler Pro 7 we introduced a more powerful rendering engine, which expands the capabilities of graphics that Titler Pro is able to generate. Unfortunately, since it relies more heavily on the GPU, there are situations where computers that could run Titler Pro 5 with no issues are experiencing some problems with Titler Pro 7.

We test our software as thoroughly as we can, but our users have so many different combinations of hardware and software that there are always issues that crop up that we haven't anticipated.

We want to keep working with you to get your issues resolved as it will certainly improve Titler Pro 7 for everyone. 

• Tue, Apr 28 2020 11:52 PM In reply to

• berperson
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 31
    • Points 350

I, too, am experiencing crashes with NewBlue Titler Pro. This happens when opening a previously created title. Once rebooted following the crash I am able to open the title effect, though this is process is time consuming and often leads to lost work if I forget to save prior to launching Titler Pro.

I am working on a 2013 MacPro cylinder with OS 10.14.4 Mojave, Avid 2018.12.7, NewBlue Titler Pro Build 180117.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Titler Pro and this has not resolved the issue.  Any help you may be able to provide would be welcome.

Thanks.

Bob Berman

• Thu, Jul 16 2020 7:45 AM In reply to

Hi Voltaire

Did you ever get resolution on this issue?

I am having same situation after MC 2020.6 update with TitlerPro 7

• Mon, Aug 10 2020 8:28 AM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller