Latest post Sat, Feb 15 2020 6:28 PM by Telegram!. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 12 2020 11:37 PM

AMA Link question v8.8.4 pc

Hi, I never tried it before: Link to a "MovieFile.Mov" works great. But after making a copy of that file, re-naming it, "Different.Mov" then AMA Linking to it... MC brings it into a different bin with Same original file name.

Even after I put the copied/renamed file on a different volume.

Is there any way for MC to generate two separate links from the same file? Thanks!!

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 13 2020 11:55 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 701
    • Points 8,775

Re: AMA Link question v8.8.4 pc

I suspect this is something to do with the situation that sometimes the movie name in the metadata doesn't match the filename.

I'm guessing MC might be using this name rather than the filename.

You can change the name by opening up your movie in VLC, then...

1) Open the media information window (Tools/Media information)

2) in the General tab, change the Title to your preferred name.

3) Press the 'Save Metadata' button at the bottom.

Hopefully, this should fix your problem.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 13 2020 12:14 PM In reply to

Bruno to the rescue...THANKS ! for that suggestion. I'll try it later today.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 13 2020 12:15 PM In reply to

-

• Thu, Feb 13 2020 8:27 PM In reply to

No dice with AVG. I'm gonna try same thing on a later v2018.12 version. Thanks though. 

• Fri, Feb 14 2020 8:00 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 701
    • Points 8,775

Telegram!:
    No dice with AVG

I'm assuming you meant VLC?

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 14 2020 9:31 AM In reply to

Bruno M:

Telegram!:
    No dice with AVG

I'm assuming you meant VLC?

Oh man, I've lost it! Yes, it was VLC, sorry. 
    When I followed your recipe, the existing file name was pre-populated and I could change it then Save widget appeared. I should have noted my version... it may be very old. 

I didn't get a chance to try this idea on my v2018.12 system yet. I have had some other weirdness with my v8.8.4 re: Linking including not seeing desktop Folders. I will be upgrading soon so maybe I should just put this experiment on the back burner until then. 

I can tell you that the file I duplicated was an MP4 made from within MC v8.8.4 and that the windows Attribute for it is "N". I tried copying the file today without attributes, and then re-named it, but the MC Link still showed the original file name. 

I might just leave this whole issue in the mystery spot. https://youtu.be/VYHiGQiAPhI

• Sat, Feb 15 2020 6:28 PM In reply to

Seems I can't Link to a duplicated-but-renamed file in 2018.12 either... unless I choose Link with QuickTime plugin which is different from the AVC long GOP plug-in that was applied to the initial Link. So, I got my two separate links today, yippee.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller