Latest post Tue, Feb 11 2020 9:07 PM by cryptoshane. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 9 2020 5:42 AM

Sorting bins by colour

Hello, this seems like an obvious answer, but I can't find it....

I want to sort a bin based to see only those clips that are in a timeline.  Mostly for music and SFX.  When I add a clip to a timeline, I change it's colour.  So i want to sift the bin for clips I have (and haven't) used.

When I choose colour as the range to search, I still need to put text in the 'Text to find' field.  I've been trying to find the names of the colours (is that even the best way to do it?) but no luck.

Other methods welcome (although I have used rating, which does work, but I use that for something else, and was hoping for a couple of options.....

As always, thanks in advance.

• Sun, Feb 9 2020 7:39 AM In reply to

Re: Sorting bins by colour

https://community.avid.com/forums/p/128754/736444.aspx#736444

Selecting Media Relatives for an Object in a Bin

When you identify media relatives of a selected clip or sequence, your Avid editing application highlights all other clips linked to the selected clip, such as subclips or other sequences.
    You can also use the Media tool to look at the captured video and audio data files stored on your media drives. For more information on the Media tool, see Using the Media Tool.
    To identify media relatives:
    Open the bin that contains the selected clip or sequence.
    Open any other bins that might contain the media relatives that you want to find.
    Resize and position the bins so that you can see their contents.
    Text view is the best display for viewing as many objects as possible.
    Select the clip or sequence, and select Bin > Select Media Relatives.
    The system highlights all related objects in all open bins.

Sorting a bin based on clip color is a matter of going into Text view, selecting the Clip Color column and hitting Cmd-E.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 10 2020 9:24 AM In reply to

Thanks, didn't know about the media relatives.... does what it says it does, and while it solves my immediate problem, it is not as 'clean' as I had hoped... The cmd-e move works well.... but.... I don't get why there is the sift option for colour, but no way of identifying the colour.... never seen this in any other management system (photography for example)...

• Mon, Feb 10 2020 10:14 AM In reply to

What do you mean there is no way to identify the color?

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 11 2020 9:07 PM In reply to

When I go into the custom sift options and choose Colour as the column to sift, I need to enter a value in the text field... but I want to use one of the green colours... so what do I put in the text field....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller