Latest post Sat, Feb 15 2020 4:55 PM by Jean Vermeiren. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 30 2020 6:32 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,942
    • Points 227,560
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Idea [I] Update Feb 12, 2020 | Beta Forum Info. | MC 2020.2 | macOS Catalina

UPDATE:  New version posted to the Public Beta Folder.   A new "Beta 3" build of Media Composer 2020.2 has been uploaded to the Avid Download Center. The build number is "53649" compared to the "53642" build from last week.

This update has a fix for the "Recreate Title Media" crash that users ran into, as well as a possible fix for a crash on exit issue that was identified. It would be great if users on the Public Beta could move up to the new build and let us know how it behaves for you! ____________________________________________________

Beta Forum Info. | MC 2020.2 | macOS Catalina

You all know that we anticipated releasing a new Media Composer in January 2020 in support of macOS Catalina.  The product teams inside Avid wanted more eyes on this release to ensure success so we are releasing a Public Beta today, 1/30/2020 for the next 2 weeks.  We are very happy about this decision and of course this will provide additional internal and external testing, so the foundation of our Catalina release is as solid as possible. We are committed to building upon this release in the months ahead. 

Important Information on this Public Beta:  As this is a beta release, there are known issues and limitations that you should be aware of prior to installing. We do NOT recommend installing and using this beta release in the middle of a project. 

Why are we doing this?: Media Composer users have been asking for support for macOS Catalina since it released in October 2019.  Avid is dedicated to providing this support as soon as possible. Given the number of technical changes required to run on macOS Catalina, we want to make certain that Media Composer runs as expected before we do a wide release. While the traditional Beta program will continue to test this release, we wanted to release the beta to a wider customer base to get as much testing and verification as possible to ensure success.

** Titling: There is NO Title Tool or Marquee Titler application inside of MC 2020.2 on macOS Catalina. You will be required to use the "new" Titler+ for all titling that is done within the application, so you need to be aware of this BEFORE jumping into the Public Beta pool.

Location for Download:  Users who are running macOS Catalina (v.10.15) can download the Media Composer 2020.2 installer from the Avid Download Center and install it once uploaded at 3:00 pm today, 1/30/2020.  You can Login to your MyAvid Master Account and access the Download Center. The beta release is under (Public Beta).

Support:  If anyone experience issues with this software release, they will NOT be able to get support from Avid Customer Success as it is not an officially released software version.  However, the community.avid.com forum here is specifically for this beta and will have Avid personnel monitoring and advising should that be needed.  

Knowledge Base Documents:  Avid is providing documentation in support of this beta release. These will be provided to the public via the Download Center and Knowledge Base at 3:00 pm today.  

Knowledge Base Documents available at launch:

- DRAFT - What’s New for Avid Media Composer v2020.2 (not available til 3:00pm ET)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/user_guide/Media-Composer-2020-Documentation

-  Media Composer File Type Limitations on macOS Catalina (not available til 3:00pm ET)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/Media-Composer-File-Type-Support-on-macOS-Catalina

How long will the beta run for?: The public beta will launch today, Thursday, January 30th at 3 PM EST. We will run the beta until we officially release Media Composer 2020.2 in mid-February.

What if I’m not on Catalina?: The beta release of Media Composer 2020.2 will install on non-Catalina macOS versions. Users are welcome to use and test this version on non-Catalina systems and provide us with feedback, however the primary focus for this public beta is testing on macOS Catalina. 

Important:  If you are posting to this Beta Forum, please indicate the exact OS being used in the subject line of the post. 

Do you need a license to run it?: Yes, users will need a license of Media Composer, Media Composer | Ultimate, or Media Composer | Enterprise with either an active subscription or active update and support plan. Alternatively, they can run Media Composer in Trial mode. 

Are there limitations or known issues?: Yes. As this is a beta release, there are some known issues and bugs. Additionally, there are known limitations when running on macOS Catalina. Please encourage users to review them (links above) prior to upgrading and installing. 

How do users provide feedback?: Users who are already part of the normal beta program can provide feedback via the beta program.    For users who are not part of the normal beta program, they  can provide feedback here.

Questions, PM or ask RalphC or myself.    

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Feb 13 2020 11:32 AM In reply to

• parentint
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 24 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Re: Update Feb 12, 2020 | Beta Forum Info. | MC 2020.2 | macOS Catalina

I have done all as above but I am presented with a licensing error see inserted image. I have the follwing codes from Tech suport (Activation ID xxxxxxxxxxxx System ID:xxxxxxxxxx) but none of them are redemption codes so I can't use My Avid or Avid Link to activate any license. 

Avid Beta Licensing Error Bug

• Thu, Feb 13 2020 8:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,942
    • Points 227,560
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Please do not post your system ID and activation ID on a public forum.  I have removed it so no one steals your information.  

Also, the 2020.2 software is BETA and Avid only can provide limited support online.  I see you contacted support - case already going.  You shoud be using 2019.12 as that is the last version which was released gold.   

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Feb 13 2020 8:41 PM In reply to

• parentint
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 24 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thank you Marianna. But I would like to test 2020.02. How mai do this?

• Sat, Feb 15 2020 4:55 PM In reply to

• Jean Vermeiren
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 3 2008
    • Tremelo, Belgium
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

I have exactly the same problem. While my license is valid until 29/12/2020.

Avid Symphony 8.6 on PC, Unity and Mac OS X Lion 10.12 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller