Latest post Wed, Jan 8 2020 3:54 PM by Roland Achini. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 8 2020 3:31 PM

System-ID

I will migrate Media Composer from one PC to a new PC. Is it imandatory that both PCs have identical system-IDs?

My PC dealer says that's not possible.

MB: ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate. CPU: Intel Eight Core i9-9900K/3600 16MB Cache, SATA Hard Disks Raid (2x4 TB), GPU 1200MHz. GC: Gainward RTX2080 Super... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 8 2020 3:41 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,452
    • Points 234,080
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: System-ID

Hi Roland....

The System ID stays the same - the activation ID may change as versions are introduced in the future.  So if going from one PC to another - you would deactivate the license on the one PC... then install and activate usign the same System ID and activation ID on the new PC.  Making sure that the new PC OS is compatible with the version you are installing and attempting to activate of course.....

You can NOT run them both at the same time though if that is your intention.... Only one PC with a unique system ID can be activated at once.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 8 2020 3:54 PM In reply to

Re: System-ID

Great! Thank you!

Roland

MB: ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate. CPU: Intel Eight Core i9-9900K/3600 16MB Cache, SATA Hard Disks Raid (2x4 TB), GPU 1200MHz. GC: Gainward RTX2080 Super... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller